Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 08-12-2019, 11:05 PM   #1
PsychoticJ

Default Jojo's Bizzare Adventure Tabletop Ideas

Hello, I am going to be running a campaign using the RPG format created specifically for the series Jojo's Bizzare Adventure, which can be found here [url]. My campaign will be taking place in Ancient Greece around the time of 431 BC (I had my party vote on when they wanted their campaign to take place).

I wanted to ask what cool ideas for stands this forums had that I would be able to use in my campaign. I already have a few in mind but I want to have others ready in case my players don't like certain styles of fighting. I already know I don't want to many stands oriented entirely around combat, although I don't mind if they are either. I'm particularly trying to avoid reusing stands or abilities from the original show and instead trying to take the more creative approach, but I can only think of so much, so please leave some ideas below! It may also be worth mentioning that I'm trying to stick to just using stands and not any other abilities from the series, as I am not well versed enough with the system to use the expansions yet.

Thanks for the responses ahead of time!
PsychoticJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 04:07 PM   #2
Hide

Default Re: Jojo's Bizzare Adventure Tabletop Ideas

A while ago I designed several stands as personal PC ideas. When I made stands, I built them as allies. This limited the budget of the stands, and the skills and attributes of the main PC (i.e. attribute average of 11.5). So it was something close to having average people with powerful allies.

The utility of the stand is harder to limit, it is a GM call. You basically need to study the manga and the system, and the result would require you to make several tests before ensuring a playable atmosphere. For example, let's focus on the CP value of to build "Star Platinum: The World". It takes Altered Time Rate 3, which is 300 CP. Achtung Baby is about 100 CP on invisibility (improved). Which could be abused more easily?

So, I would start with the book GURPS SUPERS (it is kind of balanced in the matter of advantages), and extrapolate it to Jojo’s stands.