Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > Daily Illuminator

Old 08-07-2019, 03:18 AM   #11
RogerBW

Default Re: August 4, 2019: Autoduel Weekly: 1/64 Scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratonascar View Post
However, I Got a lot of NASCAR Diecast in my house because I can't wait to use them for the new sixth edition of Car Wars so I'm planning to buy more NASCAR Diecast as well as a Number of Hot Wheels (and maybe Matchbox stuff) so it could be exciting.
As I understand it, what you'll be able to buy for CW6 is a car mini on a special base, with the cards to play it. I haven't heard of any plans to sell bases separately, or the cards without the minis, which will make the DIY option more expensive… though obviously not impossible.
RogerBW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 10:57 AM   #12
David Johansen

I guess the question now is whether there will be some pedestrian models or dismounted drivers. As it's 25mm scale (more or less) civilians aren't too hard to come by but Car Wars drivers in body armour are pretty distinctive and it wouldn't be too hard to squeeze on a single figure and a couple arms with weapons and head options. Oh well, probably wishful thinking. But I won and lost more than a few duels to small arms fire after the cars were trashed.
David Johansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 12:25 PM   #13
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Bear in mind that (a) the game is still in development and anything we say now might change as we finish it, (b) not every decision has been made, and (c) we don't WANT to reveal everything right now, even the stuff that's locked down, because we have months and months of weekly posts coming out and we have to hold some things back for later.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 09:18 PM   #14
davester64

I ran by the booth on Friday and took a quick look around, but i missed seeing the goodies up close! Serves me right, only going for 1 day!
davester64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 03:30 PM   #15
Mack_JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_JB View Post
While HO scale has far more buildings and scenic materials available, 1:64 by far is the predominant scale for diecast cars. It's a trade-off.

Unless you choose to go with living self-aware vehicles from the Pixar "Cars" universe in your Car Wars games, in which case the scale is 1:55 for Mattel offerings, and 1:48 for those from the Disney Store.

Who wants to outfit Lightning McQueen with auto-cannons and armor plate?
Thread necro: Disney / Pixar in their new Cars on the Road streaming series has done almost the above, a Mad Max inspired parody episode featuring Lightning and Mater in the barren wastes ...
Mack_JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 08:05 AM   #16
thorr-kan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_JB View Post
Thread necro: Disney / Pixar in their new Cars on the Road streaming series has done almost the above, a Mad Max inspired parody episode featuring Lightning and Mater in the barren wastes ...
Shoot, the tricked-out Mater from Cars 2, complete with mini-guns was a staple of my boys' youth until the switch that popped the guns out died.
thorr-kan is offline   Reply With Quote