Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 10-09-2019, 03:21 PM   #31
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Default Re: Kickstarter: Dungeon Fantasy Magic Items 2, Powered by GURPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
Got my email for the magic items PDF. I'm assuming the addons email will process later (Pyramid Dungeon Collection).
The team is working on fulfillment. We will post an update when we have more information on progress.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 05:16 AM   #32
Anders

Got me PDF today! Thanks.
Old 10-11-2019, 06:52 AM   #33
Bruno

Is the Magic Items 2 PDF going out in waves? I haven't got mine yet.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 09:05 AM   #34
mehrkat

I'm assuming waves as I haven't gotten mine yet even though I got physical reward.
Old 10-11-2019, 10:13 AM   #35
philreed
I do stuff and things.

The warehouse team is working on fulfillment. We will post an update once fulfillment is completed.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 11:00 AM   #36
ULFGARD

Given that I got the shipping notice and my pdf on the same day, I suspect that they go out simultaneously. Though it's speculation.

Funny thing: I got both Monsters 2 and Magic Items 2 yesterday. That Pyramid collection looks awesome!
Old 10-11-2019, 01:01 PM   #37
evileeyore
Banned

I got mine and I'm significantly less happy with it's packaging than the last book (DFRPG Monsters 2). Monsters 2 came in the envelope inside a box, so the mail carrier didn't crumple it up wedging it into my tiny mailbox...

But complaints about heedless mail carriers aside (and pressing between heavy books might just straighten it out, eventually), the book is good. I'd be much happier with an 'under the hood' section, in this regard DFRPG Magic Items '1' is the far superior volume for bringing it's magic item creation rules and charts to my table.

The dice are still as good as the last time I picked up the White EitP dice (yes, apparently I did buy a bunch last time as well, I'm up to a requisite* 18 dice now), my only quibble is that the Illuminati EitP dice and the Purple EitP dice aren't the same size as the White (or that the white aren't the same the others). It's a minor quibble, but I am much happier when my dice match (style, size, etc).

* When I bought the Illuminati dice pack, I bought 3 packs to get 18 dice, 6 of each color (Red, Blue and Silver). 18 because that allows up to 6 people to play and have a "dice set each". I like the Illuminati dice for representing different damage types... so if I had any wish fulfilled it would be for more color options, like Green, Yellow, Orange, etc. I absolutely love if the Illuminati packs came in some more color packs, like a 'Basic' White, Black, Violet†; 'Primary 2' Yellow, Green, Orange; etc.

† Violet to fill out the ROYGBIV. Not sure if you need Indigo when you've already got Violet (or vice-versa). Though, personally I'd do 'Basic' as Black, Silver, White, and then the other 'Primary' packs fall into line well... but you've already got the Illuminati dice pack set the way you do.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 04:51 AM   #38
namada

I've gotten both the pdf & the physical copies of my rewards. There was a very minor (to me anyway) issue with the print shipment (which I've already reported & fully expect SJG will deliver on fixing the issue promptly, as they've always done for me in the past.) That issue being I didn't get the print copy of Pyramid Dungeon Collection - Softcover I wanted, but something else was shipped in its place, but I'm glad to hear ULFGARD saying it looks awesome. I'm looking forward to eventually reading through it.

I'm also with evileeyore, in that I wish the shipment was boxed instead of put in an envelope, because my copy of How to Be a GURPS GM - Softcover Book got a bit bent up in the shipping process. While it is really, really minor, and I'm just going to fix it by putting weights on it, and I know it's not SJG's fault, it's still annoying to buy something only to have the delivery process mar the product - in other words, from now on, please ship books in boxes (or at least envelopes with good protection such as a cardstock/-board sleeve) so they're more likely to arrive safely.
namada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 11:49 AM   #39
Dalin

I received my physical copy of Magic Items 2 on Thursday (no PDF yet) in great condition (fortunately my mail carrier didn't try to fold it into my mail slot). I've been enjoying reading through it over this unusually cold Minnesota weekend.

I love the fact that each item gets a full page with a color illustration. There's a good balance of flavor text and mechanical crunch. The items are creative and fun to read. Some, like the Anellaccio, are things I would never have come up with but are a perfect fit for my game world. A few, naturally, don't fit perfectly in my style of game (the God King's Oculus and the Instant Zombie require a level of gruesome that I usually steer clear of), but they're easy to adjust to be more family friendly. I particularly enjoyed the way Kromm provides information for how you can add new generic elements to your game: new weapons and weapon modifiers, disadvantages, spells, animals, mundane objects, etc. This gives the book extra value even if I only use a small number of the items.

And, finally, I'm so glad that I have it in print. I'm sure I'll use the PDF a lot, but these glossy supplements are much more fun to read and are more likely to pull in new gamers.
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 05:04 PM   #40
b-dog

I got the hard copy and I read it and there seem to be a lot of good ideas. Hopefully there will be more magic item books in the future. I would like to have some Dungeon items books too, like dungeon items found in a lich lair or in a demonic temple. I would love to have things like thuribles, alchemy kits, braziers, etc that can be used by the PCs but are more likely brought back and sold for money. Some of the items used by an evil temple to summon demons, create undead or summon Elder Things would be nice. I like the items to be creepy and possibly make transporting them back to be sold difficult or even hazardous. Items that a lich uses would also be creepy but have value in selling them. Maybe some ideas for how to have the creepy items cause trouble while they are being transported would be useful too. Maybe items found in a graveyard or crypt would be fun to scare the PCs with too. These items would be items used by evil beings in the dungeon but not just for attacking others. Just things that appear to have value but have serious drawbacks maybe even are cursed. A book like this might even have some elaborate rules for removing the curse on the items too and cleansing them of evil.
b-dog is offline   Reply With Quote