Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Warehouse 23 Digital

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 03:17 PM   #41
ULFGARD

Default Re: The 2012 e23 Releases and Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
"Pah!" I said to myself. "Power-Ups 4 has been in final production for a month! Surely we'll get it here, at the end of February!"

However, darned if jalapeno_dude wasn't right about a delay. I wonder if there's some arrangement with the Howard estate for exclusive release dates (not counting Pyramid magazine) to showcase the license?
Yes, I thought so as well...

It could also be marketing -- if the re-release has to compete with new releases, neither will do as well. But if SJ Games can bombard us with a string of new releases after the re-releases, they're more likely to sell all well (especially if it's only a matter of timing & the items are ready to roll out). I mean, if the 3 or 4 items that sound like they're ready to go roll out starting March 15th, adding in a couple of Pyramids and couple more that are ready in the mean time, we'll have two months worth of new material AFTER the re-release of the old Conan material (which is likely to sell well). It would actually be a smart plan.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:24 PM   #42
Pragmatic
Ceci n'est pas une tag.

It's my understanding that the license to sell it as a PDF is of limited duration. So they want to get it all out ASAP, so they get more sales.

I'm probably going to get the main book...
Old 02-23-2012, 03:35 PM   #43
ULFGARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
It's my understanding that the license to sell it as a PDF is of limited duration. So they want to get it all out ASAP, so they get more sales.

I'm probably going to get the main book...
Given that it looks like they scanned in the old books, I would think that they could've gotten them all out by now had there been real urgency. Though naturally that might have taken more time than their staff has available in a week or two. But that's a good point -- the sooner the items are out, the more profit is maximized over the lifespan of the licensing agreement.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:59 PM   #44
Kale

This Pyramid seems dedicated to Vehicles. SJG is baiting us! I can't wait until the actual vehicles supplement comes out...

http://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=SJG37-2640
Old 02-24-2012, 06:55 AM   #45
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kale View Post
This Pyramid seems dedicated to Vehicles. SJG is baiting us! I can't wait until the actual vehicles supplement comes out...

Or maybe that issue is the Vehicles supplement... <evil grin>
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:55 AM   #46
SCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kale View Post

From the information available to us, a 4e edition of Vehicle Design is being worked on, but it is a large task in terms of writing, editing, layout, etc; and as such seems to be taking its time to get through the processes.

It's possible that strong sales of the Pyramid issue will be an indicator to those in control of priorities within the production chain to bump Vehicles up the queue a little.
Thus far, I'd say sales are a little low to warrant a significant bump up the queue; but it's only been out a week, so such judgements might be premature!

There is lots of new 4e stuff we know is moving through the queue (see the second post of this thread), it all seems to have been delayed by Conan pushing in to the front of the Queue, but then who's going to argue with him!
Old 02-24-2012, 09:18 PM   #47
Rasputin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
"Pah!" I said to myself. "Power-Ups 4 has been in final production for a month! Surely we'll get it here, at the end of February!"
There appears to be another boon from the Conan scans: time. I await a rush of new GURPS items once all the Conan adventures are out. Since Discworld looks like an 18-19 week editing deed at Kromm's speed, the Conan scans keep there from being no new GURPS items for many weeks in that timespan. Power-Ups 4 and Dungeon Fantasy 15 will likely be out, one a week, after the last Conan adventure.

My GURPS blog.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:22 AM   #48
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
There appears to be another boon from the Conan scans: time. I await a rush of new GURPS items once all the Conan adventures are out. Since Discworld looks like an 18-19 week editing deed at Kromm's speed, the Conan scans keep there from being no new GURPS items for many weeks in that timespan. Power-Ups 4 and Dungeon Fantasy 15 will likely be out, one a week, after the last Conan adventure.
Don't forget that Pyramid #3/41 has to fit in there somewhere, too...
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:19 PM   #49
captaincomic

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
When it's ready, and not a minute sooner than that!
Well, yes. I know I wont get any offical release date, but this is a speculation thread, isn't it? So, anybody want to speculate on how long it could take from "rough PDF" to release?
Old 02-27-2012, 03:59 AM   #50
SCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincomic View Post
Well, yes. I know I wont get any offical release date, but this is a speculation thread, isn't it? So, anybody want to speculate on how long it could take from "rough PDF" to release?
There is no simple answer to that.
I'm pretty sure a few items have made it from Rough PDF to release in only a few weeks; where as others have taken several months.
Look at Post 2 of this thread, the UT Weapon Tables were at PrePress in June 2011, 8 months later and they're not released (there have been some issues we gather)!
If I was to make an educated guess at the specific item you're talking about, I think End of the World 1 (& 2) will be released in April*.

*This item is available with extra salt!
Closed Thread

Tags
2012, e23, e23; speculation; 2012, speculation