Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-22-2017, 11:30 AM   #301
mook

Default Re: Game Geekery - GURPS Content Posts

Update time!

So, last night, I finally GMed my first online GURPS game using Fantasy Grounds. It was an Old West/Halloween game, with players from L.A., Australia, and two different Central Time states (hooray, technology).

The short version?

Total blast. :)

I've posted a YouTube video of the entire game as well as some thoughts and notes at the Game Geekery blog. It really was a great time, and now I'm looking forward to even more GURPS/Fantasy Grounds goodness in the future.

If you've experiences to share, I'd love to hear them!
mook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 12:31 PM   #302
johndallman
Night Watchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mook View Post
Not really sure... did something else happen in June to cause you to ask?
This posting to Kromm's LiveJournal made me think that something like this might be in the works.
johndallman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 12:14 AM   #303
Refplace

Finished watching the game. Nice scenario and good demo of the program as well.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 12:18 PM   #304
mook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Finished watching the game. Nice scenario and good demo of the program as well.
Thanks, Refplace... sometimes these things just go out into the void, it's nice to get some feedback.

I got lucky with a great crew of players, too!
Old 12-21-2017, 05:58 PM   #305
mook

Howdy, Folks!

I have posted since the end of October, but they were short and not very GURPS-related. :)

Here is the final "Game Geekery" post of 2017, before starting off fresh with that 'New Year Smell' in 2018.

In the time-honored tradition of blogs everywhere, today's post is a retrospective of 2017 which -- apart from the disastrous Patreon snafu -- was full of all manner of GURPS goodness, both generally and personally.
Enjoy the look back, make sure you didn't miss any gems, and by all means let me know what you liked, didn't like, and hope to see more of.

The oracles have spoken -- 2018 is the Year of GURPS!
Old 01-02-2018, 07:14 PM   #306
sjolly75

While I'm somewhat intimidated by the wonderful GURPS blog posts, I decided to try my hand at blogging for my main GURPS interest - special ops. While it's staying in 3rd Edition realm, I hope someone finds it interesting! I'd be doing these anyways, so I might as well share.

It's primarily aimed at my ideas for a campaign, but will include some things that are just Spec Ops related.

Enjoy!

https://gurpsspecialops.wordpress.com/

Steve
sjolly75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 12:26 AM   #307
mook

Hiya, sjolly75!

Sounds good, but I expect you'd get more notice posting in the "GURPS Websites: Blogs, Wikis, Feeds" thread. :)
Old 01-04-2018, 05:41 PM   #308
mook

Happy 2018!

Starting off the new year with a brief musing on not letting the rules system push you around. It's your group, your game, your character(s)... you only need to use the rules everyone enjoys using. No one will check up on you.

This is particularly important for a toolkit system like GURPS that offers so many options and tweakable dial settings, but it never hurts for a group to occasionally prune out rules they don't care for ("Does anyone find the rules for encumbrance bring anything to the game? No? Then why are we bothering to track all that!")

Hope your year is off to a solid start.
Old 03-09-2018, 10:15 PM   #309
mook

"It's alive!" -- Robot Chicken

Greetings GURPS gurus, newcomers, and enthusiasts alike! After a shaky start to the year, I've been busy ramping up for a new monthly GURPS game, an online cyberpunk romp named "Darknet," and I'm happy to announce the first get-together is tomorrow (Saturday) at noon Pacific time.

It will be a "session zero" type of hangout (using the Zoom app) where we meet up, talk about the game, and make the Player Characters who will be our protagonists.

I've posted a few thoughts on the Game Geekery blog about the game and the prep I've done so far, including the PDF of the current player doc (don't fret, it's only a few pages).

I know all the players from the rollickin' Happy Jacks RPG podcast, and I'm looking forward to gaming with them all again. Hope you stop by for a few and get your cyberpunk on!

Happy Jacks Live (including Twitch and YouTube links)
Old 03-16-2018, 03:46 PM   #310
mook

The video of last weekend's character creation for the new GURPS Cyberpunk game "Darknet" has been posted, along with a few thoughts on the game itself and the setting.

Highlights include:

* Lots of chatting about the game world and how the characters will fit into it; less chatting about the underlying GURPS mechanics (though that will come as we get deeper into the game).

* A group of enthusiastic players looking to sink their teeth into some dystopian GURPS Cyberpunk action.

* An almost fully feral Mook! Apparently, when I miss a convention, my hair and beard go into vacation mode.

Any thoughts on how the game is shaping up and where it's headed? Love to hear 'em!

Tags
blog, blogs