Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 02-09-2017, 09:33 PM   #31
goose

Default Re: Munchkin Shakespeare Kickstarter

Well, I for one hope that the card fronts are the same as those I mentioned in my other post. I passed on Oz solely because of the change.
goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 10:54 PM   #32
ColBosch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJTiger View Post
Will this be available to the general public? I can't afford to do things on Kickstarter.
The basic game - whatever final form it may take - will be general-release, at the very least. The Kickstarter-exclusive expansion, obviously, will not. I'm not sure about the items listed as add-ons (demonstration pack, dice pack, pawns, etc.). However, SJ Games hasn't called any of them "Kickstarter-exclusive," so I'm assuming they will see some sort of general release.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 11:51 PM   #33
Argendauss

Flower pawns! I see you're breaking out the big guns, for what you probably assumed would be the home stretch when you were originally planning this out :P
Old 02-10-2017, 12:25 AM   #34
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJTiger View Post
Will this be available to the general public? I can't afford to do things on Kickstarter.
The game itself will be available to everyone and most if not all of the add-ons will, too. I won't guarantee specific print quantities, though; it's possible some will be pretty limited.

The Kickstarter-exclusive expansion, of course, is only available to people who back the Kickstarter; we'll print what we need to fulfill those orders. We are planning to have a way for retailers to get in on this, but the details are still being worked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argendauss View Post
Flower pawns! I see you're breaking out the big guns, for what you probably assumed would be the home stretch when you were originally planning this out :P
We've got a plan and we're sticking to it. We learned the folly of not planning for wild success on Ogre Designer's Edition.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 04:15 AM   #35
ColBosch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
We've got a plan and we're sticking to it. We learned the folly of not planning for wild success on Ogre Designer's Edition.
Over 1800 backers and more than $100k pledged after just two and a half days? I'm getting flashbacks here. Good ones.
Old 02-10-2017, 09:43 AM   #36
HunterS
Marketing Director

Update #13: Another Kill-O-Meter, And Audience Goals!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1803677
HunterS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 09:49 AM   #37
Putney

Did we hit the facebook goal?
Putney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 10:17 AM   #38
Putney

Also if I increase my pledge to account for addons does this affect my "Sign it all" pledge?
Old 02-10-2017, 11:10 AM   #39
ColBosch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putney View Post
Also if I increase my pledge to account for addons does this affect my "Sign it all" pledge?
Nope! Click the "Manage Your Pledge" button, click "Change Your Pledge," and if it doesn't automatically jump to the "I Want it Signed" level, scroll all the way down to it. The pledge level box should be highlighted, say "Current reward," and have a little checkmark in it. There's a text box where you can change the dollar value; it's a minimum of $60 for that level, but you can increase it as much as you want (or later decrease it, to a minimum of $60). Click "Continue" after you've made your change, it'll ask you to verify everything (and maybe re-enter your password), and you're done.

I did just this, both to test it and to increase my pledge for some extra stuff.

...but! You are already getting one of every add-on (except for extra copies of the base game and Kickstarter Exclusive Expansion) as part of the "I Want it Signed" pledge level. You only need to increase your pledge if you want extra copies of anything.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:41 AM   #40
Putney

Yeah, I just want some extra copies of the kickstarter box, as it seems super cool so far.