Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 05-23-2019, 01:39 PM   #51
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: Four Perilous Journeys: Four new adventures for The Fantasy Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsdangly View Post
That's terrific; congratulations! As a 'hard copy' backer, I'll appreciate it if the campaign page can update to include a concrete and easy to find list of which things I get with my core pledge and which I'll have to raise my funding level to get (and by how much). I'm a little unsure of these things as it stands.
OK. I can do that.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 06:27 AM   #52
DouglasCole

I've revamped the Four Perilous Journeys campaign by adding a few new stretch goals and adding some "all the things" pledge levels, which include the new reward items.

NPC/Creature Deck

For quick reference and easy play at the table, nothing beats the utility of a printed NPC or monster card.

The basic add-on will be 42 cards in the "Creature and Wizard" size: 3.5 x 5". These will be printed on quality UV-gloss coated stock for maximum compatibility with dry-erase markers.

There is not a unique card deck per adventure: there's a single deck that draws from the selection of creatures that come with the adventures, including the solo adventure if we hit the $21,000 stretch goal.

The "deck" will also be available in PDF format.
  • PDF: $20
  • Physical Card Deck: $40

Token Sheets

Each adventure has creatures and NPCs to fight, negotiate with, or charm. While print-your-own tokens are on the last page in each adventure, this add-on gets you a COLOR version of that page. Each sheet contains 42 1" square tokens depicting the creatures and characters from the adventure. There is a separate sheet for each adventure; if you want a physical sheet for each adventure, you'll want to increase your pledge by $10 per sheet.
  • PDF: $5 each
  • Print: $10 each

All the Digital Things! ($50)

This pledge level includes a PDF of all the rewards offered in the campaign in digital format.
  • PDFs of all of the Perilous Journeys: Four at the moment, but if we cross $21,000, the fifth adventure - a 32-page solo by David Pulver - gets added as well.
  • Color PDFs of the token sheets that come with the adventure. This is to support those with print-it-yourself aspirations who have quality color inkjet or laser printers
  • Color PDFs of all the NPC/Monster cards, with a hyperlinked table of contents for quick reference

These are discounted as a bundle from their price as individual add-ons (see below for item pricing)

Bring Me The Things. All of Them. ($110)

This is the place for those that must loot and pillage. This pledge level includes a PDF of all the rewards offered in the campaign in physical AND digital format.
  • Print and PDF copies of all of the Perilous Journeys: Four at the moment, but if we cross $21,000, the fifth adventure - a 32-page solo by David Pulver - gets added as well!
  • Printed die-cut token sheets, in color, of all the tokens that come with each adventure. These are printed on 1.6mm gloss-laminated stock . . . but see the stretch goals!
  • Color PDFs of the token sheets that come with the adventure. This is to support those with print-it-yourself aspirations who have quality color inkjet or laser printers and for folks who want more of a particular token.
  • UV-gloss laminated NPC and Monster cards. A minimum of 42 cards will be provided, but see the stretch goals: if we get enough orders, I'll include more cards in the deck. Maybe a lot more.
  • Color PDFs of the NPC/Monster cards, with a hyperlinked table of contents for quick r
    eference

These are discounted as a bundle from their price as individual add-ons (see below for item pricing)

New Stretch Goal: FIFTH Perilous Journey

If we pass $21,000 . . . the campaign turns into FIVE Perilous Journeys. After listening to feedback on what the backers want, I talked with David Pulver, and we came up with some thing for you. If we hit $21,000 the following 32-page solo adventure will be included in both the $20 PDF and $50 Print+PDF adventure groups. ANY pledge tier that includes the original four 16-page adventures will include this fifth perilous journey at no additional cost.

Vampire Hunter Belladonna

You are Belladonna, the young maid and cook at Castle Ironskull—moonlighting as a vampire slayer!

Years ago, the sinister Lord Adrik Blackbird turned your best friend into a vampire. For their own good, you had to stake them both! Somehow, you succeeded—but while those vampires perished, they had already infected others. The bloodsuckers will spread like a plague through the local countryside—unless you hunt them down!

Play as the lethal maid Belladonna (wielder of silver stakes and deadly poisons), or as your own vampire slaying hero or wizard. Travel through the villages and wilderness near Ironskull Castle, hunting vampires (and possibly other monsters). During your quest, you may uncover disturbing rumors of the rise of a new and terrifying master vampire, and the arcane relic they seek. Can you find it first?

Vampire Hunter Belladonna is a programmed adventure for The Fantasy Trip. You won't need a Game Master—instead a system of branching paragraphs directs you from encounter to encounter as you make your own choice. You resolve combat or other encounters using the TFT rules.

In this double-sized 32-page adventure, you will find:
  • Over 200 paragraphs detailing wilderness and village encounters.
  • Multiple new monsters (not just vampires!) and magic items.
  • A "sandbox" wilderness setting that can reward multiple plays.
  • A choice of using the included pre-generated characters or your existing PC.

VAMPIRE HUNTER BELLADONNA is an independent adventure, but it has ties to IRONSKULL CASTLE, so you can use both together in a campaign if you wish. If you think of it as "Vampire Hunter B," we won't mind that either.

If this stretch goal is reached, a fifth token sheet will be made available and included in the "All the Things" level pledges for no additional cost.

Check out the full campaign page: Four Perilous Journeys. There are new stretch goals as well as more information on the rewards and pledge levels.

Last edited by DouglasCole; 05-30-2019 at 06:34 AM.
Old 05-30-2019, 06:48 AM   #53
Helborn

I looked at the $50 all the digital and it lists a print copy. Is that an error?
Old 05-30-2019, 10:47 AM   #54
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helborn View Post
I looked at the $50 all the digital and it lists a print copy. Is that an error?
Indeed, that was an error. I have closed that reward level to new backers, made a ALL THE DIGITAL (Revised) level that lacks the print reward, and asked those in the one tier to switch to the other, with the acknowledgement that I'll own the mistake if they don't.
Old 05-30-2019, 07:55 PM   #55
malchidael

The Character and NPC cards are calling me...
Summon Malchidael's Wallet - IQ 10, 1 ST, plus 10 ST if Mal's wife finds out. If casting results in ST falling below zero, Mal is sleeping in the garage.
Tokens are beautiful. I'm a minis guy, not a token guy (still haven't punched any of the tokens from TFT LE). Still, if I'm upgrading my pledge for the cards, I may as well go for All The Things!

Time to move a cot into the garage :)

Last edited by malchidael; 05-30-2019 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Fixed typo
malchidael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 08:23 PM   #56
RVA_Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by malchidael View Post
...plus 10 ST if Mal's wife finds out. If casting results in ST falling below zero, Mal is sleeping in the garage.
I hear ya Bro.
We never really grow up; we only learn how to act in public.
RVA_Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 11:27 PM   #57
malchidael

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVA_Grandpa View Post
I hear ya Bro.
Fortunately, I was able to avoid dipping into the Fun Fund for a non-Gaming expense, so I think I will survive (this time).....
malchidael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 08:25 AM   #58
DouglasCole

Holy Wow

Yesterday was nearly unreal.

I mean, I was listening to y'all, and I thought I heard what you wanted. Thanks for supporting my attempt to give it to you!

Just for perspective, we increased the funding total by 22% in one day. That day was in the middle of the campaign, as well, when the daily total is usually about 1/10 the average of the first two days. In our case, we increased campaign funding by $4,220 against an expected baseline of about $520.

That, as they say, ain't bad.
Old 06-01-2019, 10:19 AM   #59
DouglasCole

the final Decks of Destiny / Four (FIVE!) Perilous Journeys cross-campaign stretch goal has fallen, as 4PJ has crossed the $25,000 funding level with eight days left to go in the campaign.

Thank you!
Old 06-03-2019, 07:53 AM   #60
DouglasCole

Slack-Jawed and Amazed

Good morning! We're entering the final week of the Four Perilous Journeys campaign, and I still can't help but pinching myself a bit watching the thing go.

I mean, we radically changed trajectory four days ago, with 10 days to go. This mostly doesn't happen when it comes to Kickstarters. Not in the middle of the campaign like this!

In any case we shall see. There are a couple milestones coming up:
  • If we get another 46 physical orders, we'll start moving past the minimum order quantity from my printer. That's kind of fun . . . and extra books past that first setup charge are very affordable (the beauty of offset print). That's a good place to be for the campaign
  • We're 121 backers away from being my most-backed Kickstarter campaign ever.

Progress: Tokens, Art, and Layout

I wrote art guidelines last Friday. I did mention the tokens were prototypes, so here's what I can tell you about the final tokens
  • The tokens will be full-body images, but in color with a contrasting color background.
  • The black-and-white tokens will have the background removed so that it is just a color or gray scale figure on a white background.
  • The tokens and color PDFs will have the background inserted so that you can tell the monster or NPC type or role by what color it is.
  • The NPC and monster cards will have 2” x 2” versions of the same token art...without the background
  • I am a big fan of using layers in PDF files, so that color PDF that comes with the All the Things pledges will have the ability to turn the background OFF if you want to print your own color tokens that way

Starting this week, I'll be heavy into writing art direction, parallel processing with the final editing and layout of the fourth adventure.

Speaking of adventures, Curse of the Pirate King is finished with editing and layout. It's with the authors in prelim PDF form for a once-over, as we modified the structure of the great ideas contained in the book to ensure they were dealt with - wherever possible - by proactive player action (also called agency). They need to look it over (as do I, with fresh eyes) to ensure it's good enough to send out for playtest.

I expect to get corrections and edits from playtesters on Citadel of Ice and maybe some Ironskull castle as well. In a day or two, when those come in, the Master and Commander and the League and the Legion backers will get updated copies of all three for feedback.

Everything is now on the Table

I'm not holding anything back on this one for last-minute enticements or surprise stretch goals. The substantial re-orientation of the project - successful, gauging by the response! - was "the big thing" for this one. Right now, we're at a good place, and every effort will be focused on completing what we have promised, on time or ahead of schedule.

Probably on time for this one. The project has a lot of moving parts.

Thanks for coming along on this Perilous Journey with me. As always, a quick tweet, response on a thread on BoardGameGeek or RPGPub or any of the others, or a nice comment in an RPG reddit or Facebook group from "not the creator" goes a long way!