Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 05-12-2020, 04:11 PM   #1
LoD

Default Hacking

I have been playing Steve Jackson Games since I was a kid in the 90's. I loved GURPS to begin with, and my favorite source book was Cyberpunk written by Loyd Blankenship. I reveled in the real life events surrounding the search and seizure of the manuscript by the US Secret Service. Loyd Blankership was in fact the "Mentor", author of "The Hacker's Manifesto" and key member in the hacker group the Legion of Doom. My group even loved playing the card game "Hacker", which came out after the raids.

As a kid my dream was to write my own books for Steve Jackson Games. We took our role playing very seriously, meeting every weekend. So here I am over 20 years later and I still love role playing and especially Steve Jackson Games. My RPG group has moved on, but we still stay in contact.

Right now I'm in the process of designing a game about Hacking, inspired by my original love for GURPS (Although this is not a GURPS game). I would like to know what other gamers think of this project, and make an offer. $50, a week to help design, collaborate and write the finished game. I know this is a plug, but I am really passionate about this project. It's hosted at the open source site github under the General Public License:

https://github.com/powercrypt/Hacking-RPG
LoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 07:14 PM   #2
jason taylor

Default Re: Hacking

Despite the fact that some idiot whose name I don't know (grumble, grumble) dazzled one of my Kindles a few days ago, a game based on electronic warfare sounds like a splendid game. You can do various formats from cinematic hacking to more realistic.