Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 09-05-2020, 02:12 AM   #1
corwyn

Default DFRPG standalone draft

Composite Bow ST 11 is coming out as damage 1d-3. The only files I am using are
DFRPG standalone draft
DFRPG spells
DFRPG equipment

Any ideas?

Playing: GURPS Nordlond Dragons of Hosgarth
Running Savage Worlds Tour of Darkness (Vietnam + Mythos)
corwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 11:12 AM   #2
Armin
GCA Prime

Default Re: DFRPG standalone draft

First off, I replaced the standalone draft and spells with the combined Dungeon Fantasy RPG.gdf file after some bug fixes a while back.

With just the Dungeon Fantasy RPG.gdf file loaded, a ST 11 character adding a ST 11 composite bow, I get damage of 1d+2 imp, which seems right.

I don't seem to have Emily's equipment file anywhere, and can't find a link right now to check it out, so maybe it's got a typo or something that affects this.
Old 09-06-2020, 12:41 PM   #3
corwyn

Thanks, I'll grab that file. Would this fix an issue I have with certain weapons not adding Weapon Master properly?

I fixed my issue by removing the bow and adding it again.

Edit: seems to all be working now. I'll have to check out that equipment file. I haven't modified it at all; would you like a copy?

Last edited by corwyn; 09-06-2020 at 01:16 PM.
Old 09-06-2020, 01:33 PM   #4
corwyn

The DF RPG file seems to be missing an option to add new mods for equipment; is that intentional, or a bug on my end?

Old 09-06-2020, 02:27 PM   #5
Armin
GCA Prime

The Dungeon Fantasy RPG.gdf file has a tiny list of modifiers, to support only the things specifically mentioned in the box, but not including much at all related to equipment.

So, intentional, but also probably incomplete, and not an issue specific to you. If you want the option to create new modifiers, you'll need to import that from elsewhere into your data set (or it might be in the equipment file, I dunno).

I'll hunt down the link to Emily's equipment file and download it again soon, no need for you to bother with it.
Old 09-06-2020, 02:31 PM   #6
Armin
GCA Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by corwyn View Post
Thanks, I'll grab that file. Would this fix an issue I have with certain weapons not adding Weapon Master properly?
That was given a quick fix in the file recently, yes, by changing the Weapon modifier group to _Weapon, so that you could switch to that group in the Modifiers dialog, and therefore find and apply the _Advantage: Weapon Master Damage Bonus and _Perk: Weapon Bond modifiers to weapons correctly.
Old 09-06-2020, 03:12 PM   #7
corwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armin View Post
The Dungeon Fantasy RPG.gdf file has a tiny list of modifiers, to support only the things specifically mentioned in the box, but not including much at all related to equipment.

So, intentional, but also probably incomplete, and not an issue specific to you. If you want the option to create new modifiers, you'll need to import that from elsewhere into your data set (or it might be in the equipment file, I dunno).

I'll hunt down the link to Emily's equipment file and download it again soon, no need for you to bother with it.
Yeah, the stuff I need is in Equipment. As some of it is causing problems, I'll make a data sheet with just the stuff I need to add.

Oddly, the extra mods aren't in your DF sheet, but New_Eqipment, etc. are.