Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 07-03-2011, 07:23 PM   #1
kaiser1one

Default Three-Handed Sword

I got my mom hooked on this game now, lol.

Ok, ran into a new scenario tonight. 3-handed sword. Mom used Cheat to wield it. So does that mean, she's not allowed to hold any more small 1-hand items? I assume thats the case since she's already Cheating to use the 3 handed sword. But with this game you never know.
kaiser1one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 07:33 PM   #2
LordArach

Default Re: Hi, I'm new and have a few questions.

I have no official say but Cheat removes all the restrictions for an item whether it's big or small, usable by or not usable by, 1 hand, 2 hands, or even 3 hands among other things thus freeing your equipment slot up to use what you normally would in addition to that item. In short, she could now effectively wield 5 hands worth of weapons. Anyone have additions or rewordings?

Praise "Bob"!

Last edited by LordArach; 07-03-2011 at 07:39 PM.
LordArach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 07:59 PM   #3
DimebagDrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordArach View Post
I have no official say but Cheat removes all the restrictions for an item whether it's big or small, usable by or not usable by, 1 hand, 2 hands, or even 3 hands among other things thus freeing your equipment slot up to use what you normally would in addition to that item. In short, she could now effectively wield 5 hands worth of weapons. Anyone have additions or rewordings?
That's kinda right.

From what I read in the hireling topic linked above, it doesn't add "hands" it just allows you to use any ONE equipable item (a weapon or 'gear') and any attachments to that one item, that you can't otherwise use. Cheat would seem to follow similiar logic.

You can cheat one extra item, but it doesn't affect hands in any real way. At it's core, cheat is basically, "Ignore most of the equip rules on one equipable, except for its name, bonuses, and special abilities, and equip it like it is a generic slotless equipable. Events affecting the cheated item (i.e. traps, curses, special abilities, bad stuff, ect...) do not ignore the equip rules."

For example, if you have a big weapon, and cheat a big armor, You are using Two big items, but the cheat card is allowing you to ignore the 'one big item carried/equipped' rule. But, if something forces you to lose all big items, the cheated item is still big for this purpsoe and is lost like normal.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:37 PM   #4
kaiser1one

Ok so she could still use the 1-hand weapon. Alright. Thanks for the help guys!
Mom won tonight by defeating a wussy L1 Potted Plant. Where's the Plutonium Dragon when you needed it....lol.
kaiser1one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:41 PM   #5
StaticHamster

Although a cheated item doesn't take up a slot its important to remember that it still retains all its properties.

So for example if you're Cheating the three handed sword you can still have another Big item and both your hands are free but if you are hit by a Curse that says "Curse: Lose one Big Item" the sword is still a Big item and thus a possible target to the curse.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:56 PM   #6
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordArach View Post
The Two-Handed Sword is the card which gives you two extra Hands, while the card being referred to in this question actually requires three Hands to use it.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:23 AM   #7
LordArach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
The Two-Handed Sword is the card which gives you two extra Hands, while the card being referred to in this question actually requires three Hands to use it.
I was replying to the post below only. I was trying to cater my thought to that specific scenario. If his mom cheated the three handed sword, she could still use her two hands for other items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser1one View Post
I got my mom hooked on this game now, lol.

Ok, ran into a new scenario tonight. 3-handed sword. Mom used Cheat to wield it. So does that mean, she's not allowed to hold any more small 1-hand items? I assume thats the case since she's already Cheating to use the 3 handed sword. But with this game you never know.

Praise "Bob"!

Last edited by LordArach; 07-04-2011 at 11:42 AM.
LordArach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:23 AM   #8
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Three-Handed Sword

Posts split out of an unrelated thread -- please try not to start new discussions in an existing conversation. Keep each one focused. Thanks.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote