Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 06-15-2011, 03:42 PM   #81
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
OOC: Oh, yes sorry. I thought it was Ryuki who was calling Mitch the 2nd time, ie that he was back from HI and wanted to meet up. So can we call it Friday night after Mitch chats with Ryuki as he heads out to HI? And Mich is heading out to find Dennis?
That's good with me, though we should keep it reasonably short. Catch me in chat if you can...I'm trying to get everyone on the same page despite all the plots I've dangled at you.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:45 PM   #82
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
OOC: Oh, yes sorry. I thought it was Ryuki who was calling Mitch the 2nd time, ie that he was back from HI and wanted to meet up. So can we call it Friday night after Mitch chats with Ryuki as he heads out to HI? And Mich is heading out to find Dennis?
-------------somewhere in L.A.
Dennis felt like crap. He hated doing that, purposely picked a location that didn't involve a friend of his, but since he was an angel he had to pick an ally. Intimidate an ally.

Marc had told him that the hardest part would be not the change that day, but holding onto the changes in the weeks that followed. He advised Dennis against returning to L.A., but Dennis had Bruce to consider. He'd made his feelings on that clear. He pitied the young demon, but he had to break the situation they were in. He was flirting with temptation every day he stayed in L.A., yet it was as close to neutral ground as he knew. If it weren't for geasa, that knew no geography and no mercy...he didn't know.

So Dennis told Bruce to get them a car, that they were going to take a road trip. To San Francisco. Bruce balked of course, and got the slapping he generally mistook for love. That too would have to stop. While Bruce was tracking down their car Dennis was running down rumors. Finally he found out there was going to be an antique book show in San Francisco. Not his thing and not Bruce's thing, but with antique occult books advertised it would be a good place to hide a demon. That and he had a chance of running into someone with dirt on Ryuki and his Windy friend, something he could pay off Ruby with once and for all.

He decided to check in on Mitchim, telling Bruce he was pawning something for cash. He insisted Bruce stay outside and mind the no-doubt stolen car.

------------------elsewhere, being North Shore, Oahu
The weekend was too short--it was always too short, but this weekend started late and would end early. He had to maintain the pretense that he was only going to Hawaii for self-indulgence and the odd client. Grace, old enough to note the difference and sense changes in her dad's moods, tried to pry secrets out of him. She lacked her mother's finesse there, yet, and let herself be distracted with sea creatures and play.
Lei'alani, however, caught Ryuki on his way out, after Grace had gone to bed and he was preparing to go to the airport. "This situation has to change, you know."
"It has changed." They were just friends and he didn't owe her any revelations, so he sketched her the version he'd told his own father. He added in the part about angels, aware that she'd take this story to Kahuna who would see the gaps.
"Your father knows about Grace, you know."
He denied it, again. It was an old argument and he was not in the mood.
On the plane while drifting off to sleep he wondered if this would all be easier now that he was officially with the angels*. If there was a tether on Oahu--and he was sure there wasn't--could he use it to shave time off this awful commute?
*barring a veto from his uncle, which what if he kept his silence? Dammit inviting the angels to that, wanted the moral support but now he couldn't weasel on the details.

The book fair Monday night would be a welcome distraction. He'd try to frontload his work appointments to leave early, to check in on Uncle Shiro before heading out. He had a book he could sell...

-------------------------yet elsewhere, being San Francisco
Marty looks up Zahirah. No matter which angel he answers to now, sometimes he needs to talk to someone he just trusts, about something he doesn't feel quite proud of. This is one of those times. He was annoyed not to catch her in.
"Zahirah," his message said, "I'm off work and in town until Tuesday. I stopped off at that curandera's...I know...but just to check on her and let her know the good news. She told me--and this could be complete bull--that quote 'the dead are restless now. A piper is stirring them up.' I don't know what that's about, but I can't help but wonder if maybe this is something you people should look into. Call me, or text me somewhere and we can meet."

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 06-16-2011 at 09:34 PM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:56 AM   #83
alexondria

Zahira would leave a message for Mitch, "Hey it's Zahira, I was wondering if you could do me a favor. Some financial consulting. Just give me a call."
----------------------------------------------------------------

A bit later she would check her messages and wonder at the missed call. Perhaps on her bus ride the phone had just lost it's signal, it was old as far as modern cell phones went. She listens to the message and returns Marty's call, "Hey, it's Zahirah. I'm sorry I missed your call. I'll see if I can find a few people willing to look into that." She doesn't sound upset at him at all for having talked to the curandera.
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:03 AM   #84
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

As he comes down the mountain, Kane gives a thought to what Eli had said. A ruckus in LA -- check it out. It had been a long time since Malakim had been able to work in the ironically-named "City of Angels." Maybe the winds really were shifting ....

He checks his pocket. Finds Sunae's number from the other night. Dials it. She might be more up to date on La-La Land, and it never hurts to have competent reinforcements. He smiles. Besides, that zither of hers sounds interesting. I wonder what the Boss did to it?

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:45 PM   #85
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
He checks his pocket. Finds Sunae's number from the other night. Dials it. She might be more up to date on La-La Land, and it never hurts to have competent reinforcements. He smiles. Besides, that zither of hers sounds interesting. I wonder what the Boss did to it?
After two rings it picks up

"This is Sunae."
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:17 PM   #86
Rocket Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
After two rings it picks up

"This is Sunae."
"Sunae, it's Cowboy Kane. Hope I didn't catch you too busy. "

Old 06-17-2011, 02:21 PM   #87
ladyarcana55

Quote:
"Sunae, it's Cowboy Kane. Hope I didn't catch you too busy. "
"Not at all. How may I be of assistance?"
Old 06-17-2011, 02:27 PM   #88
Rocket Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
"Not at all. How may I be of assistance?"
"Well, I was wonderin' if I could mosey over and chat a bit. The boss dropped by, needs me to look into a few things. I don't mind sayin' I could use a little help." He chuckles into the phone. "And if you say no, well, maybe we can talk zithers instead."

Old 06-17-2011, 02:29 PM   #89
ladyarcana55

Quote:
"Well, I was wonderin' if I could mosey over and chat a bit. The boss dropped by, needs me to look into a few things. I don't mind sayin' I could use a little help." He chuckles into the phone. "And if you say no, well, maybe we can talk zithers instead."
"I wouldn't say no, although I am not sure how helpful I will be. But whatever I have you are welcome to it. I'm on my way to work in an hour, come by. Just come around the back and call out for me. I'll have my zither if you want to look at it."
Old 06-17-2011, 07:04 PM   #90
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria View Post
----------------------------------------------------------------

A bit later she would check her messages and wonder at the missed call. Perhaps on her bus ride the phone had just lost it's signal, it was old as far as modern cell phones went. She listens to the message and returns Marty's call, "Hey, it's Zahirah. I'm sorry I missed your call. I'll see if I can find a few people willing to look into that." She doesn't sound upset at him at all for having talked to the curandera.
"Hey dear." Marty was always generous with the endearments, part of a very warm personality. "Yeah, I checked in on Lenore and she did a reading, and she didn't like what she saw. She's a medium, among other things, and she said the dead were stirred up, in almost a literal way. Everybody moving around trying to chase a rumor. I didn't know if ghosts were your department or whether they're even real in that sense, but I figured you'd know what to do."

Tags
in nomine