Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-14-2011, 10:06 PM   #541
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadLilim View Post
Ash jerks his thumb straight up, "Lateral transfer, long story, I'll tell you later. After whatever this is is fixed."
Kane hears just enough to reassure him. Either an angel, a Saint, a Soldier or a servant, he thinks. Either way, he's just what we need right now.

"Glad to have the extra hands," he says out loud. "Call me Kane. Mind helpin' clear out one ex-sorcerer before things get too crazy?"

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:52 AM   #542
RadLilim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
"Glad to have the extra hands," he says out loud. "Call me Kane. Mind helpin' clear out one ex-sorcerer before things get too crazy?"
Ash smiles tightly and heads out to the ambulance to help stow things. "I can't just leave the equipment here," he tells Mitch, "I've got a role to keep up, we can clean it up enough to fit everything though."

Wanna buy one? - Radueriel, Free Lilim
RadLilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 06:59 PM   #543
Andygal

Ida looks at Mitch and Ash, "Call me Ida for now. We'll have to exchange proper introductions after we are safely out of hostile territory."
Old 10-15-2011, 09:35 PM   #544
Rocket Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
And that's the problem Zahirah noticed. Six angels plus DeShawn if you're taking him, plus possibly a drippy corpse, plus several shelves of jars...in one functional ambulance. Not going to happen. You're going to have to prioritize, or figure out another way.
There's gotta be another way to do this, Kane thinks, comparing the contents to the space available. But what? Not everything here is equally valuable ...

He tries to feel the muse of Creation. Hmmm. Maybe there is a way -- but I'm going to need some help.

He checks his Essence reserve, looks to the known angels. "Can any of you spare three? I might be able to pull an answer out of this mess... but I need some help boostin' the signal."

Old 10-15-2011, 10:05 PM   #545
alexondria

Zahirah would reach out her hand in offer to him. "Just keep in mind the more noise we make the more attention we're going to make." Though she seems to know that they've already made enough noise to alert half of LA
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:12 PM   #546
Rocket Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria View Post
Zahirah would reach out her hand in offer to him. "Just keep in mind the more noise we make the more attention we're going to make." Though she seems to know that they've already made enough noise to alert half of LA
He takes her hand gratefully, feeling the Essence rush. "Thanks for the warnin'," he says wryly. "If this works, we may be OK. If it don't -- well, we're not much worse off than we were already."

Taking 5 of the 7 Essence he now contains, Kane invokes his gift of Uncommon Sense, trying to find a creative answer to the problem they face: How do we get ourselves, the body and the critical jars out of the line of fire, without leaving behind anything damaging?

Old 10-16-2011, 12:59 PM   #547
Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadLilim View Post
Ash smiles tightly and heads out to the ambulance to help stow things. "I can't just leave the equipment here," he tells Mitch, "I've got a role to keep up, we can clean it up enough to fit everything though."
"Mmm good point." Mich helps Ash restow the equipment and glances around "So, where are we heading out too? That ambulance looks like it'll be a bit tight. Maybe some of us can follow along in Celestial form.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:26 PM   #548
Rocket Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
"Mmm good point." Mich helps Ash restow the equipment and glances around "So, where are we heading out too? That ambulance looks like it'll be a bit tight. Maybe some of us can follow along in Celestial form.
"Wait a second." Kane's eyes have gone to a far place. A sorcerer's apprentice ... Ryuki on the phone ... a Gifter of Faith ... a wild and crazy Warbird ... a celestial EMT of some kind ... a Tradesman.

A Tradesman! And this is L.A. ...

His eyes meet the Seraph's. "I think I have the beginning of an answer. But we're going to need a distraction for the guys outside. And we're gonna need your boss's truck." A quick wink.

(OOC: I'll have Kane be less mysterious when I have more time. Sorry.)

Old 10-16-2011, 02:37 PM   #549
Andygal

"A distraction? Corat, how long do you think you can get them to chase you for?"
Old 10-16-2011, 02:51 PM   #550
ladyarcana55

"John? What's going on?"

Sunae, forgotten on the phone, has been listening. Now she is impatient and wants in on things as they stand.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in nomine