Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 05-27-2011, 04:50 AM   #71
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (OOC)

Skype patched and ready to go. Off to the coffeehouse to stat the mortals, in case you folks decide to Will-war them (j/k!). I had a few words with Michael Jackson (the blonde friend of mine, not the late pop star) whose suggestion helped me tie the villain side up in a nice bow. I thought about house ruling one of the characters but that would take away some of the surprise. I haven't read full backstories on two of you ;) but the ones I have read suggest you haven't dealt with this type before.

But I tease! I have four of you on Skype ready to go, and I'll open TodaysMeet as a backchannel. If there's a way to PM in Skype while chatting with others, I don't see it. Curse you Facebook! But I'll see this little computer in about thirteen hours.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:51 AM   #72
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Those who've gamed with me before know I'm painfully awful when it comes to calculating time zones, despite having this
http://www.worldtimezone.com/time/wtzplanner.php
lovely tool at my disposal.
That's Saturday the 28th, 9am my time. Of that I'm certain. I may be on a little earlier than that or a few minutes late, depending on how much sleep I get this week. But I'll be there.
Where--
backchannel/backup: http://todaysmeet.com/PacificWar
sidebars/extra backup: Facebook, if my computer can handle all three. alexondria, if you need a sidebar we can make a separate TodaysMeet and just not tell anyone its name.

Quote:
Who--
Players of course. Players, with your permission I'll accept lurkers, with the caveat that said lurkers may get shanghaied to NPC's.
Haven't heard from any lurkers, but that's still an option.

Brief character descriptions http://maroon-ed.livejournal.com/
Old 05-27-2011, 08:08 AM   #73
alexondria

Quote:
Skype patched and ready to go. Off to the coffeehouse to stat the mortals, in case you folks decide to Will-war them (j/k!). I had a few words with Michael Jackson (the blonde friend of mine, not the late pop star) whose suggestion helped me tie the villain side up in a nice bow. I thought about house ruling one of the characters but that would take away some of the surprise. I haven't read full backstories on two of you ;) but the ones I have read suggest you haven't dealt with this type before.

But I tease! I have four of you on Skype ready to go, and I'll open TodaysMeet as a backchannel. If there's a way to PM in Skype while chatting with others, I don't see it. Curse you Facebook! But I'll see this little computer in about thirteen hours.
On skype you make a conversation with everyone in it and can still have conversations seperately with the individual members I can help you figure it out
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:15 AM   #74
ladyarcana55

FYI, I may be late, not sure when they will cut me loose, but please don't let that stop you. Go ahead and start without me. Sunae may be a little late, it's okay
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:58 PM   #75
tHEhERETIC

I've got this giant smile on my face right now.

All the transcripts saved to OpenOffice, no problems there. The folks at the meetup are all running late, so they'll barely notice that I am. And I had a great time in chat! Haven't done that in too long, let me tell you.

Plot was slow starting but that's my doing muchly--I enjoy the details and the characters and the interpersonal stuff so much, I tend to pack the plot bits into the very end.

I'll post the transcripts...oh give me a week or more to tidy out the time stamps and such. But don't let that stop you from posting in the PbP where we left off.

Now I need to figure out lunch.

-------------------nonbump---------------

FYI some possible locations to restart things. I'll be thinking of more while I"m on the train:

San Francisco--a tether to Fire at the Palace Hotel, well known to angels. Very laid back place, the tether itself is a lounge area with a doorway-sized fireplace. The tether proper is the fireplace, and the seneschal likes to turn up the flames when a Fire angel is coming through, or a brave angel, or one who's annoyed the seneschal enough to want to toast him...

There's that bar.

There's the Chinese restaurant where Sunae is the cook.

You can bug the Wataris at work, though that will eventually get old.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 05-27-2011 at 11:15 PM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 02:18 AM   #76
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Fair enough, Madame La GM. Thanks for a great chat session. I've put Kane's most recent actions on the IC thread, but he does intend to get to that Chinese restaurant when time allows ... as long as plot or demon-bashing opportunties don't overtake him, of course.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 03:57 AM   #77
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Fair enough, Madame La GM. Thanks for a great chat session. I've put Kane's most recent actions on the IC thread, but he does intend to get to that Chinese restaurant when time allows ... as long as plot or demon-bashing opportunties don't overtake him, of course.
Not ignoring your opening, just trying to figure out how best to tie it to the larger arc. As much fun as it is playing interventions, there should be a point to it.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:27 AM   #78
alexondria

Sorry, trying to keep up with who we have and who we don't- do we still have a pc that works for Marc?
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 01:13 PM   #79
Puck

Sorry sorry! Still here! Sorry I missed the chat, hope it went well (and I am female for the record.) Hope I can make the next one.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 01:30 PM   #80
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Not ignoring your opening, just trying to figure out how best to tie it to the larger arc. As much fun as it is playing interventions, there should be a point to it.
Naturally. If you'd rather have the report take place off camera, just PM me and I'll edit my post to continue with where he goes next.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in nomine