Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 08-11-2018, 05:07 PM   #31
JLV

Default Re: Pre-Gen cards and Character sheet pads

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
I had been working on a little personal project that was _almost_ rumors printed on cards. I wrapped things up late yesterday and ordered a test deck from the printer.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-many-tabletop

It's not exactly what you're describing, though.
No, it's not, but what you're showing there is equally cool and useful. I think the kinds of things best represented by cards are usually what you might call "software" issues versus "hardware" or equipment cards, and what your Kickstarter shows is exactly what I was talking about in that broader sense. Backed, by the way...
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 06:41 PM   #32
ak_aramis

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
I had been working on a little personal project that was _almost_ rumors printed on cards. I wrapped things up late yesterday and ordered a test deck from the printer.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-many-tabletop

It's not exactly what you're describing, though.
You realize you just managed to prevent me from upping my participation in the TFT KS, yes?

(Backed.)
ak_aramis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 03:13 PM   #33
TLR

In general, I use Excel (or Open-Office) for all my RPG character-sheets. I think a shared repository of submissions would be useful. I keep all characters in all my games in electronic form. Players and I can print them out as needed, but in a 35-year campaign, paper gets lost more easily than often backed-up data. Also, I can (and have) build in "aids" to the character-sheet, like lookup-tables, range-checks, automatic attribute-totals, etc. Lately, I have been adding PRNG-based randomization that "seeds" from the Worksheet-Name and the cell-location, so that I can auto-create NPC's at-will (copy a sheet, rename it, voila - randomized within parameters stats and skill-selections).

Last edited by TLR; 08-24-2018 at 03:13 PM. Reason: typo
TLR is offline   Reply With Quote