Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 12-08-2017, 01:30 AM   #41
ColBosch

Default Re: Minis Set 3+ Wish List

Something that occurred to me: each time the Ogre miniatures line returns in a new form, it is expanded. Martian Metals started it with six sculpts. SJ Games added three more in the 1980s. Ral Partha and Detailed Casting then introduced an additional eighteen models while they had the license. Finally, during the 2000s, SJ Games returned with over two dozen new pieces.

With the current Renaissance, I'd love to see the line finally completed, or even taken beyond merely filling the last few holes.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 09:37 AM   #42
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Ultimately, the question is "Who will buy them, and how many?" The advantages of the KS model is it makes it a lot safer for SJG to determine the answer to that question without getting stuck with stock overages that don't move.

With the 75% sale going on right now, there isn't much that's left that I personally need, unfortunately. LADs, maybe, but I'll probably never use LADs anyway unless there's a scenario-specific case for them, or the hovertrucks, so it's hard to justify.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:36 AM   #43
Mack_JB

For LAD's, I've used the old Anti-Aircraft guns from one of the releases of Axis & Allies of several years back.

For a lark, I am trying out a new "Reactor" model, coming via the magic of eBay. It's the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant, from the Simpson's edition of "The Game of Life". Two obvious cooling towers should give the clue to what it is.
Mack_JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 01:39 PM   #44
Dave Crowell

I ordered a couple of LADs and some HWT INF just in case we don't see them in future plastic. But I would buy them in plastic too if they are offered.
Dave Crowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 01:50 PM   #45
TheAmishStig

I'm sitting with an Armory and two sets of black Ogres in my crate, just waiting for a chance to push the button. Strongly considered getting the GEV map set too, but I know I'm better off trying to track down an ODE out of my tax return instead. If memory serves, there was someone floating around here that had a game store and a pile of the suckers...would love to 'keep it in the family' once I'm ready to move on that, if we can track 'em down.
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 06:32 PM   #46
HeatDeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranitePenguin View Post
Ultimately, the question is "Who will buy them, and how many?" The advantages of the KS model is it makes it a lot safer for SJG to determine the answer to that question without getting stuck with stock overages that don't move.

With the 75% sale going on right now, there isn't much that's left that I personally need, unfortunately. LADs, maybe, but I'll probably never use LADs anyway unless there's a scenario-specific case for them, or the hovertrucks, so it's hard to justify.
The "Dogpile" scenario, here and in Reinforcements, uses 8 of them. That's what made me want some.

http://www.sjgames.com/ogre/scenarios/dogpile.html

Last edited by HeatDeath; 12-08-2017 at 06:35 PM.
HeatDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 06:33 PM   #47
Misplaced Buckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Crowell View Post
I ordered a couple of LADs and some HWT INF just in case we don't see them in future plastic. But I would buy them in plastic too if they are offered.
Me too. Got 4 of the LAD just for those reasons.
Misplaced Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 06:47 PM   #48
Knockman

No bias whatsoever, but I'd like a GEV-MCP in plastic?!

Tbh - my current orders for miniatures are destined for my Ogre Miniatures wargaming preferences. The Ogre boardgame stuff I have will continue to use the cardboard playing pieces - with possibly one exception: use a black plastic Ogre to replace the cardboard Ogres. But even there I'm not so sure.

So for me, plastic miniatures will end up with my metal miniatures being used in Ogre wargaming on my Hexon plastic tiles (see my profile pic, for instance). I want to see trains, all marks of Ogre, all sorts of armour and artillery, missile crawlers, militia and even the trucks and hovertrucks too.

On that basis, any future sets I would like to see should strike the balance with completing the metal line for wargaming as best as possible first, with second priority in providing the collectors another installment of 'must-have' stuff.

I have absolutely no interest in Ninjas, Vulcans, or Cthulhu-ish stuff at all.

But that's my own preference :-)

E-mail Contact: tiffingames@gmail.com

BGG Link: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamee...ponsored-count

Update: 8th June 2018 - officially formatted S&TO Rules Version 3 now available on this website.
Knockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:40 PM   #49
ColBosch

Back with one heartfelt, begging-on-my-knees, desperate request:

When SJ Games gets around to the core Combine units, would you fine people be so kind as to not give the GEV individual tailfins? Of everything I've assembled from Ogre, dating back four decades, they are - by far - the biggest pains.

Thank you.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:37 PM   #50
sparky00

I have to respectfully disagree.

Last weekend I assembled 8 NAC GEV's (from the holiday sale-thanks!)

I also assembled 3 Martian Metals missile tank turrets, with the individual missiles.

The missile turrets were much more difficult. Took a third hand and tweezers to glue them up.

I had a couple bad setups, and had to drill to the glue out the locating holes with a tiny drill bit in a pin vise.

It will be worth it, however, to finally get these minis into a game after 35+ years in a drawer.
sparky00 is offline   Reply With Quote