Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 12-06-2022, 07:50 PM   #1
benz72

Default Keep skills together?

Sorry if this has been asked (and answered?) before but I'm looking for a way to keep the printout from arranging part of the skill list on the front page and the rest on another page. Am I missing a checkbox somewhere?

Thank You
Old 12-07-2022, 09:01 AM   #2
Stormcrow

Default Re: Keep skills together?

I assume you're using the default character sheet, the one that looks like the physical character sheet for GURPS.

If GCA runs out of room, it'll send skills to an overflow page. So what you want to do is make sure skills don't run out of room.

The simplest thing you can do is reduce the font size of user text items (Tools > Options > Sheet Profile: GURPS 4th Edition Official Character Sheet > Font for the User Text Items). You can also use a font that takes up less space at the same size.

You can also tell the sheet not to print user notes or rolls if these are taking up extra lines.

But there isn't an option to force skills to stay together at all costs. Sooner or later, you just run out of space.
Stormcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 10:17 AM   #3
Armin
GCA Prime

Default Re: Keep skills together?

If you want to use the Official sheet, then basically what Stormcrow said.

If you have a lot of skills, I'd recommend using a different sheet. GCA Prime allows you to reorganize things a lot more, so you can always start the Skills list on a new page if you want, which is the best chance to keep all of them together.