Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 03-17-2018, 05:26 PM   #1
Rebecka

Default Where is Munchkin gift pack???

It was a so great news, when in december Munchk Gift pac came out.
But now its nowhere.
Here in the eu its was basically unavailable, but now you cant even order in the us.
A few weeks earyer its sad, its under production, now you cant even found in the site, and if you search for it it writes, try local gamestore.
It is one of the most annoying things, when you wanna buy something, would like the spend the money and they dont sell.
Why dont you had to make so few of them that its gos out in a month and just the us?
It would be hard to earn more money and sell more people?
Will it be ever available again?
Rebecka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 05:50 PM   #2
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Default Re: Where is Munchkin gift pack???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecka View Post
Will it be ever available again?
Watch for it to return later this year in time for the holidays.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 06:39 PM   #3
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

To expand on Phil's answer, several of our holiday-themed items are seasonal; generally we open up orders in the fall and close them again in January.

Watch Munchkin News, the Daily Illuminator, and our social media later this year to see when the Gift Pack goes back up for sale.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:26 PM   #4
ARTURUS

Sounds great.
I have the same problem.
Hope the next time it you will also sell it in the eu countries.
My local shop manager literally, running away from me i terrorized him so much with it, then i try to buy from italy, germani, uk but only pegasus spile has a few fot 60 euros(around 75 dollar), which is not only not a fair price but also they went out in days with this price, so when i found them already run out.

So it will be good, to know it will be available to us in the eu or just the us again.
I spend a lot of money to munchkin in the last 8 years, even buy doubles for some stuff, and spend much more money for then a us resident(imagine over ocean shipping), but i cant buy it for around 120 dollar with shipping and possible customs, when some us shop sell it for 40 dollar...
So it not a great thing be a second grade customer, even you have the money and you even prepare to pay more and cant...

I have all the Christmas stuff except this, even have the first boosters and also the Christmas special.
Also has a hand made booster, like the guy who made the opening video with 21 cards(not counting santa dragon and knight, dont has red bordering) and i can get this 5 exclusive Christmas cards with a level 20 santa monster.
I even think to pay an american guy who has them to scan them and print them the blank cards what i buy from you, but guess then i would be the bad boy...
So it will be good to know it will be also available to us simple mortals who live outside the us or just us again???
Thanks ans sorry fr my sadness.
ARTURUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 03:05 PM   #5
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARTURUS View Post
I even think to pay an american guy who has them to scan them and print them the blank cards what i buy from you, but guess then i would be the bad boy...
Please don't even joke about this. We take our intellectual property VERY seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARTURUS View Post
So it will be good to know it will be also available to us simple mortals who live outside the us or just us again???
Thanks ans sorry fr my sadness.
I don't want to speculate right now. I hadn't realized that orders from Warehouse 23 were limited to the U.S. last time. I totally see how it could be frustrating not to get the Gift Pack outside the U.S. if that had been true.

Old 03-19-2018, 05:29 PM   #6
ARTURUS

Thanks for your understanding.
I of course know you take it very seriously, that why i write it down, in the hope you fill a little part of what i fill in the last 3 mounts while i hunting for this in 5 countries and make it possible to give you my money spend it to your great product.
I have money i wanna give it you, as i do with hundreds of dollars in the last few years but let me spend. Let me give it to you. If i wanna make smt what hurts your property you can bet i dont write it to you. I just wanna spend my money and hopes it shows if you dont sell something people cant buy.

Ps: I even write it a few mounts earlier, you sad in this forum you still has a few 4more dragons and a lot of 4 more knights. I asked if you still has it, in the forum dont in pm dont wanna bother you. But no answer, i had to buy it for collectors of course it was much more expensive for me but with this you also dont earn, of course also in this case i gladly give you my money, much more than som money hungry trader.
And i also 1 asked if its possible to buy munchkin gift pack i the eu. So if you have time and energy check if it was correct what is say that only Pegasus has a few in the eu in higher price, I can be wrong of course but i found nowhere else, and i spended hours of search, even for options for the us.

Thanks again, hope that bring closer, to make more accessible this great product to more people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
Please don't even joke about this. We take our intellectual property VERY seriously.

I don't want to speculate right now. I hadn't realized that orders from Warehouse 23 were limited to the U.S. last time. I totally see how it could be frustrating not to get the Gift Pack outside the U.S. if that had been true.
ARTURUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 12:52 AM   #7
Coin Flip 42

I would suggest that you plan early and reach out to several EU game distributors or friendly local EU game stores who would be willing to carry this, if there is another version for 2018. It never hurts to ask.
Last year I had to ask around my friendly local West coast USA game stores to find one that could get a Munchkin item that was only being carried by an East coast USA distributor. A distributor that most of the west coast stores usually didn't deal with.
Coin Flip 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 04:30 AM   #8
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coin Flip 42 View Post
I would suggest that you plan early and reach out to several EU game distributors or friendly local EU game stores who would be willing to carry this, if there is another version for 2018. It never hurts to ask.
Thank you for the advice.

Old 04-24-2018, 08:52 PM   #9
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

We cannot, literally cannot, fill all niches of the supply chain ourselves. But it never ceases to amaze me that the free market fails so badly sometimes, when it comes to unmet opportunities. Does that make sense?
Steve Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 06:55 AM   #10
Philip Villarreal
Warehouse 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
I hadn't realized that orders from Warehouse 23 were limited to the U.S. last time. I totally see how it could be frustrating not to get the Gift Pack outside the U.S. if that had been true.
These were available outside the U.S. on Warehouse 23. Shipping prices might not have been the friendliest because of the odd shaped box though.
Philip Villarreal is offline   Reply With Quote