Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-29-2015, 07:50 AM   #51
Fred Brackin

Default Re: Low Tech vs Basic Weapon Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
Unfortunately while we have easy rules for damage, trying to come up with bulk and rcl is trickier
However, there is an extremely small range in those stats. Bulk doesn't come up very often in my experience and Rcl over 3 simply translates to "save your ammunition".

Speaking of ammunition, there's almost always a much smaller numbers of calibers to choose from than gun types. May people do not seem tom understand that it is the ammunition that determines most combat stats.

I can't count the number of times someone has posted asking for stats for something that turns out to be another 5.56mm rifle or carbine. If they already knew the weight and cost of said gun they already knew the ways in which it differed in Gurps stats from an M16/M4.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:33 AM   #52
Tomsdad

Default Re: Low Tech vs Basic Weapon Stats

Quote:
True, but it seems so wrong to ban Wuzzlefuzzles, I mean, Wuzzlefuzzles are cool
They certainly can be which is why I mentioned veto not a ban.

Quote:
Unfortunately while we have easy rules for damage, trying to come up with bulk and rcl is trickier

Still, most of the time High Tech acts as 'here, have a handful of relevant choices' close enough most of the time someone can find something they like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
However, there is an extremely small range in those stats. Bulk doesn't come up very often in my experience and Rcl over 3 simply translates to "save your ammunition".

Speaking of ammunition, there's almost always a much smaller numbers of calibers to choose from than gun types. May people do not seem tom understand that it is the ammunition that determines most combat stats.

I can't count the number of times someone has posted asking for stats for something that turns out to be another 5.56mm rifle or carbine. If they already knew the weight and cost of said gun they already knew the ways in which it differed in Gurps stats from an M16/M4.

Yep exactly, ammunition and barrel length (if nothing else barrel length plus layout will likely give you Bulk and weight as well as performance along with ammunition).

because I'm a bit compulsive I actually have a spread sheet of rifles (including major variants) published in 4e, there's 205* entries in it going from the kentucky rifle up to the Rec7 in a 16" barrel.

And yeah, if its not on the list 99% of the time there's something that's a 99% match. Well barring particularly odd never made it to production prototype stuff.

*I admit I wussed out of doing all the pulp guns rifles though

Last edited by Tomsdad; 12-29-2015 at 11:47 AM.
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
basic set, damage, low tech, question, weapon