Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 12-22-2018, 01:00 AM   #1
PBarone714

Default How much is TFT?

Hello,
How much is The Fantasy Trip? Where do I go to buy it?

Paolo
PBarone714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 05:14 AM   #2
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Default Re: How much is TFT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBarone714 View Post
Hello,
How much is The Fantasy Trip? Where do I go to buy it?

Paolo
The game has not yet shipped. The Legacy Edition -- the giant box of fun that was created as part of the Kickstarter campaign -- will retail for $119.95.

https://thefantasytrip.game/products...egacy-edition/

In early January, we will be running a new Kickstarter campaign for adventures. As a part of that project, the Legacy Edition and the I Want It All package will be offered as rewards for those who missed out on the campaign earlier this year.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 04:48 PM   #3
Mallen the dark

What about the cost of the PDF version?
Mallen the dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 12:46 AM   #4
Skarg

Or just buying Melee and/or Wizard?

Or the pocket book edition?

Or just buying In The Labyrinth (which would seem really the RPG entry point, to me, assuming it's going to be for sale that way.
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 02:01 AM   #5
philreed
I do stuff and things.

We've not yet made official distributor announcements for anything beyond the Legacy Edition and the Pocket Box. We'll be announcing Melee, Wizard, and Death Test for distribution sales next week.

https://thefantasytrip.game/products...rd-pocket-box/
Old 01-12-2019, 05:25 AM   #6
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarg View Post
Or just buying Melee and/or Wizard?

Or the pocket book edition?

Or just buying In The Labyrinth (which would seem really the RPG entry point, to me, assuming it's going to be for sale that way.
The add-on prices listed for these items in the Adventures project = the final MSRP.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...rip-adventures
Old 01-12-2019, 09:25 AM   #7
Skarg

Thanks Phil.

So $35 for ITL in hardcover...

... and then you need something for hex map and counters, the cheapest official version of which currently seems to be pocket box Melee/Wizard at $25.

... but people may already have hexmap and minis or counters, and/or crafty or computery people can make their own.
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 09:52 AM   #8
Anaraxes

You could do TFT with "theater of the mind", but given its origins and strengths just as a tactical wargame, you'd be missing a lot of the fun.

A generic hex map would do. The Wizard/Melee ones look great, but sometimes for random gaming you just want an infinite flat featureless plain to draw on. The megahex tiles from the TFT box are also useful to assemble rooms and corridors of the appropriate size and shape on demand. (I used to have some that I'd photocopied, pasted, and cut out of posterboard, which did the job, but the ones in the TFT box look much nicer -- plus, dry erasable and double-sided for plain or with printed terrain. I'm a little surprised the Box O' Megahexes didn't wind up as its own line item to be ordered separately.)

Along with tokens and minis to mark character locations and facing, there's the standup 2D paper figure -- the SJG line is called "Cardboard Heroes", and other people followed suit with their own lines and artwork. So there's a range of appearance and cost to suit any taste and budget. (I still have my originals from back in the day, when the 7-hex dragon was the ultimate terror... now eclipsed by that 14-hex monster in the Legacy Edition box. Ironically, CH are now PDF downloads that I'd print on my own cardstock, the exact opposite of the old version where I bought the figures, but had to manufacture my own megahexes...) Owners of 3D printers can also download models to make their own plastic 3D minis.
Anaraxes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 10:23 AM   #9
ParadoxGames

Quote:
Ironically, CH are now PDF downloads that I'd print on my own cardstock, the exact opposite of the old version where I bought the figures, but had to manufacture my own megahexes...) Owners of 3D printers can also download models to make their own plastic 3D minis.
I, too, enjoy printing out my own counters, both ones from the PDF files (In pocket box scale) and homemade counters for characters not yet featured, like nuisance creatures.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:44 AM   #10
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaraxes View Post
I'm a little surprised the Box O' Megahexes didn't wind up as its own line item to be ordered separately.)
During last summer's project, we offered a duplicate set of the megahexes as an add-on item.

Tags
the fantasy trip