Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 01-25-2020, 02:06 PM   #11
sain9510

Default Re: New List of all promo cards

Ahhh ok cool! appreciate all you guys do!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
No, I was doing an inventory of web pages and was using the list here as a checklist, but it was woefully incomplete.

You may or may not have noticed that (unless I've missed some) every bookmark SJ Games has published now has a page. I have several third-party bookmarks still to upload, but I have art for most of those and it's just a matter of pushing a few buttons, which I will probably do this weekend.

The promo card situation is a bit more dire. Nothing challenging except downloading the art from our archive server and the time-consuming drudgery of making dozens of pages. And I had to put that on the back burner this week to complete two expansions for later in 2020 and playtest one of our new core games.
sain9510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 02:09 PM   #12
sain9510

1) I have had that card for 4-5 years now and never realized it had the Warehouse Logo not the Spyke icon. And I also respect not putting promos that haven't been confirmed yet on the list!

2) Where did you get a copy of The Big Red God recently?!

3) Apparently I missed the door card "Root of All Evil" the first time around. It was on the Bricks 2 Kickstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paratoxical View Post
I purposely excluded the oversized W23 dungeon as it has the W23 icon and I know about the rumor of the Celebrate munchkin day card but I want it confirmed before I include it. Another unconfirmed card is a dungeon called “Fnordcon”...no idea if it exists though.

Oh and I would also appreciate a copy of rollback (one of 5 on the list I am missing), recently got my hands on a big red god so Sain can have that one. :)

Edit: Andrew confirmed the Fnordcon dungeon elsewhere so I just included it.
Old 01-25-2020, 04:08 PM   #13
Paratoxical

Root of all evil has been added (should have remembered to add it myself as I supported the kickstarter).

Found big red god for $20 on ebay, also paid way too much for a Calvary Captain from the same seller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sain9510 View Post
1) I have had that card for 4-5 years now and never realized it had the Warehouse Logo not the Spyke icon. And I also respect not putting promos that haven't been confirmed yet on the list!

2) Where did you get a copy of The Big Red God recently?!

3) Apparently I missed the door card "Root of All Evil" the first time around. It was on the Bricks 2 Kickstarter
Paratoxical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 05:17 PM   #14
sain9510

Ugh you must have just beat me to that big red god. I got Cavalry Captain from a guy for good chunk of change but never saw the God on there. Same guy that's selling the John K promo for $200.

Quote:
Root of all evil has been added (should have remembered to add it myself as I supported the kickstarter).

Found big red god for $20 on ebay, also paid way too much for a Calvary Captain from the same seller.
Old 01-27-2020, 12:41 PM   #15
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Update: With this updated list, I've started over looking at the promo pages. I'm editing some of them as I go to standardize format, so it's a bit slow, but by the end I should have a list of promo cards that don't have pages on the site, and then I can start building those.

Creating those pages is not especially difficult, just tedious, but creating the dozens of pages that seem to be missing is going to take some time. We're working on internal procedures to make sure that these pages don't fall so far behind in the future.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 05:17 PM   #16
Cloewe

*Henchmonster [D] should be with "worldofmunchkin.com", so theres a total of 4 Henchmonster promos:

- without icon or url
- worldofmunchkin.com
- sjgames.com
- munchkin.game

This thread is awesome ... and it looks like many of us are keeping their own excel files.

I´ve created a promocard document in the style of the CCG checklists. If its ok for Andrew, i´d like to share it with you guys.
Old 01-31-2020, 05:52 PM   #17
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloewe View Post
If its ok for Andrew, i´d like to share it with you guys.
Long as it doesn't include art or rule text, I'm fine with it.

BTW, I've got my list of cards that still need promo pages. Each one takes me around 15-20 minutes to create (more when I have to track down the art) so it's not going to be an immediate process, but I'm working on it. Took time off the last couple of weeks to finish the first drafts of two new expansions and deal with some annoying marketing stuff but I should get back on it next week.

Also, I have two more expansions to write before the end of February. I'm going to make that extra day work.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 10:37 PM   #18
Paratoxical

Not only henchmonster, that URL is on dozens of the cards and would quickly take up character counts in posts/ comments and this forum does not work well with tables and grids. My general rule was to not label the worldofmunchkin.com url (just to leave it as “[D]” or “[T]”) and just label re-releases with their new URL. I can obviously label all the worldofmunchkin URLs if desired but as of yet I am not convinced I should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloewe View Post
*Henchmonster [D] should be with "worldofmunchkin.com", so theres a total of 4 Henchmonster promos:

- without icon or url
- worldofmunchkin.com
- sjgames.com
- munchkin.game

This thread is awesome ... and it looks like many of us are keeping their own excel files.

I´ve created a promocard document in the style of the CCG checklists. If its ok for Andrew, i´d like to share it with you guys.

Last edited by Paratoxical; 01-31-2020 at 10:42 PM.
Old 02-01-2020, 02:08 AM   #19
Cloewe

Quote:
Not only henchmonster, that URL is on dozens of the cards and would quickly take up character counts in posts/ comments and this forum does not work well with tables and grids. My general rule was to not label the worldofmunchkin.com url (just to leave it as “[D]” or “[T]”) and just label re-releases with their new URL. I can obviously label all the worldofmunchkin URLs if desired but as of yet I am not convinced I should.
Makes sense! ;-)
Old 02-01-2020, 06:49 AM   #20
Paratoxical

Although now you got me thinking of ways to clarify things. In the coming days I might relabel things with a small key for urls using only a few characters instead of a whole url.