Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > SJ Games Discussion

Old 02-25-2012, 07:48 PM   #331
Peter V. Dell'Orto
Fightin' Round the World

Default Re: Report To The Stakeholders

Interestingly, October and December were good months for me, too, on e23. So it was maybe a broad trend.

I'm really looking forward to Ogre 6th edition. Put it out so I can buy it. I'm still painting my way through my (very large) ogre collection, but a countermix and nice maps would be really nice. (And I'd love an Ogre computer game, or net-based game, too).

I'm sad that GURPS only got a tiny mention, but I do know the pipeline of production works really smoothly these days, and material comes out steadily. I'm always glad to contribute. It would be be nice to be able to get these things POD, though - I have a few gaming products I got POD, and it's just nice to have. Even better are the ones that came as a PDF + print package, so paying extra for print was a no-brainer as I didn't give up a nice PDF to tote around on my drive and reference during play in order to get an easy to read hardcopy.

Just my thoughts as a customer and freelancer.
My S&C Blog
My Dungeon Fantasy Game Blog
"You fall onto five death checks." - Andy Dokachev
Peter V. Dell'Orto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:02 AM   #332
RevBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcfiala View Post
Oh, well, want to hire a web developer who's training himself up on android development? I recently helped launch a mobile site. :)
We already have two web guys, not counting the I.T. guys who handle the back-end stuff. There's a lot more to this site than you might think.

Looking for a St. Aosbczkcs medal.
RevBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:06 AM   #333
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevBob View Post
We already have two web guys, not counting the I.T. guys who handle the back-end stuff. There's a lot more to this site than you might think.
Given you have to keep both the e32 and the w23 catalogs upto date that's easy to believe. (plus keeping sercurty patches etc)
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:46 AM   #334
jcfiala

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevBob View Post
Oh, I'm sure there is, having worked on websites for a long time. But it never hurts to ask. (Heck, at one point I was maintaining the INWO FAQ page anyway.)
jcfiala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:49 PM   #335
swampthing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith View Post
And the fact that Munchkin is accounting for only 75% of their gross shows that they are, at least, somewhat diversified.
I'm prepared to claim that Munchkin is a fairly diversified product line as it is. Munchkin trades on pop culture parody, so fads in pop culture would be the main thing I'd expect it to be exposed to. With a dozen or so core offerings in different genres, they're in a good position to send up whatever happens to be popular at the moment.
swampthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:30 PM   #336
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnke View Post
This is encouraging information for the GURPS fan. Has there ever been any consideration to doing a "Report to the GURPS Stakeholders?" I think it would go a long way to ending the doom and gloom many GURPS'ers feel.
I would love to see this as well.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:17 PM   #337
Adina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadkiller_Dog View Post
I do know the pipeline of production works really smoothly these days, and material comes out steadily.
I think this is the point people miss when the stakeholders report comes out. GURPS isn't a priority because its already running smoothly, so Steve doesn't have to get involved. Note that GURPS has as many staffers dedicated to it as does Munchkin (2 each). (E23 also has two staffers as well).

Jeff
Adina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:17 PM   #338
jspade

I tend to think of Kromm's Journal as the weekly report to the GURPS stakeholders.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:02 AM   #339
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
The part that bothered me was the one about not yet accepting outside submissions until the pipeline clears a little more.
This is specifically about board and card games and not RPG material. Anyone looking to write RPG supplements for our existing lines should visit:

http://e23.sjgames.com/writing.html
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:09 AM   #340
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Anyone interested in more thoughts on Steve's report may want to check this thread at BGG: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpos...-millions-take
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote