Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-15-2018, 10:56 PM   #21
Plane

Default Re: Parrying Brass Knuckles

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal View Post
If you parry straight up without a -2 penalty, you are doing a non-aggressive parry, or a normal parry. THAT parry affects the weapon attack, not the arm/hand holding the weapon.
MA65 "Success means you parry and may roll against the underlying skill to strike the attacking body part or weapon"

The impression I got is that if someone was attacking with a weapon, success meant you could strike the weapon, not the body part wielding it. I suppose it could use some clarification if the meaning isn't obvious to all.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 01:22 AM   #22
natasharobsonss

You don't exactly lack hands though, they are just full. Assuming you can still parry with your hands when holding brass knuckles (they weigh 0.25 too, would they be at risk of breaking) you could in theory block using the back of your hand while holding a dagger in it.
natasharobsonss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 06:45 PM   #23
Plane

I could see there being a useful distinciton between "a parry which contacts the punching hand's knuckles" vs "a parry which contacts the forearm"

That could matter in cases of enchanted equipment, where there's DR and contact-auras at play, etc.

Not sure if such specificity should take extra skill or not.

If we figure your average parry is "I contact whatever is convenient" and it was random, then maybe an extra -1 to parry if you can specify the hit location instead of randomly rolling it on a 1d or something?