Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-09-2009, 06:49 AM   #351
Phantasm

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragitsu View Post
Would Psylocke have Unnatural Feature: Purple Hair?
Perhaps. But originally, she just had blonde hair, and dyed it.

Then she got body-swapped with an asian who would have had it naturally.

So I'd probably use Distinctive Feature, not Unnatural Feature.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:08 PM   #352
Not another shrubbery

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock1031 View Post
I wasn't sure whether I should give the Lizard straight ST 123 with accompanying HP (and increased damage, somewhere around 13d, I believe), more DR, IT:DR, or a combination of those traits. Or just ditching Striking ST altogether. Suggestions?
Your earlier write-ups were making HP equal to enhanced ST. I remarked before that that might not be the best model to use, but having some extra HP for the superstrength characters is probably a good idea. DR 4 seems like it ought to be a good ballpark figure for him, but maybe you could add some extra "crushing only".
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:55 AM   #353
roland

Where's Mister Sinister?
I NEED his stats!!
roland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:03 AM   #354
Ragitsu
Banned

Quote:
Perhaps. But originally, she just had blonde hair, and dyed it.

Then she got body-swapped with an asian who would have had it naturally.

So I'd probably use Distinctive Feature, not Unnatural Feature.
True enough.

In any case, I can't wait till you do her.
Ragitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 06:47 AM   #355
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragitsu View Post
True enough.

In any case, I can't wait till you do her.
Like Wolverine, I don't know if I'll include her in the Reboot just yet. If I did do Psylocke, I'd probably do her pre-butt-floss-ninja. Not sure yet if I'd include her bionic eyes, though, as she was blinded late in her Marvel UK career.

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:49 AM   #356
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by roland View Post
Where's Mister Sinister?
I NEED his stats!!
Once I get around to doing the X-Men's villains, I'll consider doing Sinister. He's pretty low on the list, though, unless I feel the urge to do him out of order.

Old 08-10-2009, 06:57 AM   #357
sgtcallistan

Quote:
Like Wolverine, I don't know if I'll include her in the Reboot just yet. If I did do Psylocke, I'd probably do her pre-butt-floss-ninja. Not sure yet if I'd include her bionic eyes, though, as she was blinded late in her Marvel UK career.
I prefer that middle-version fluffy pink and lilac Psylocke, myself; the one that beat up Sabretooth.

Although the earlier one, a member of the UK's psi-team also had the purple hair; dyed, showed litle combat ability, and was only 'Captain Britains' Sister', was still quite a character.
sgtcallistan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:13 AM   #358
Mr Frost

Sorry if it's already been posted but I've only got about 1/3 the way through this thread so far :

Quote:
Tony Stark

... Tony Stark possesses the normal human strength of a man his age, height, and build who engages in moderate regular exercise.
St : 10
For a 225 lb man whom is not fat not infirm and engages in moderate regular exercise , Strength of 10 is a bit low . 225 lbs is a fair average for a Gridiron quaterback , a beefy bouncer or a steriotypical mob armbreaker and was the given weight The Comedian in Watchmen .

Even with the basic GURPS formula {4th ed} He should have about St 12 and it wouldn't be a stretch at all to say St 13 .
Old 08-10-2009, 09:12 AM   #359
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Frost View Post
Sorry if it's already been posted but I've only got about 1/3 the way through this thread so far :
That's okay. I'm always up for feedback, good or bad. (I actually prefer the constructive criticisms and suggestions for improvement over some of the praise I've gotten.)

Re: Tony Stark's weight and ST:
Quote:
For a 225 lb man whom is not fat not infirm and engages in moderate regular exercise , Strength of 10 is a bit low . 225 lbs is a fair average for a Gridiron quaterback , a beefy bouncer or a steriotypical mob armbreaker and was the given weight The Comedian in Watchmen .

Even with the basic GURPS formula {4th ed} He should have about St 12 and it wouldn't be a stretch at all to say St 13 .
I took the weight from the OHOTMUDE, which may or may not be accurate as far as his weight is concerned. When I get around to adjusting things with Iron Man and his crew, I'll take another look at the weight and ST.

With a project of this size, particularly as it's a side project that I've been working on for the last few years on and off, there is a ton of work to do, and things are constantly being revised. Errors and discrepancies will creep in; the question becomes do we change the stats or the flavor text?

Old 08-10-2009, 10:19 AM   #360
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
...l
I'm about 225, mildly pudgy, and have ST 11 or so depending on your degree of normalization. I sometimes forget how big I am when compared to all you little people. :)
Flyndaran is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avengers, captain america, captain marvel, chandley, character creation, chargen, iron man, marvel, phantasm, supers, thor, x-men