Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 08-30-2021, 10:51 AM   #791
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Peter will practice with the pistols for a time, and let Anil knopw that after he will try and send little karana bird spies to keep an eye on Mr. Pundell when he gets back to camp to see if he can determine where he keeps the idol.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 09:21 AM   #792
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Peter shapes a small bird spy, and has it follow Mr. Pundell around. For the first little while, this is easy. Peter does have to make several of them as the night progresses and they each run out of smoke.

Please roll stealth for your creations.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 01:10 PM   #793
the_matrix_walker

Peter will experiment with making the birds as small as possible, as well as trying for insects to be smaller still...

((Stealth Default IQ-5 = 7 -- Roll of 1 + 3 + 4 = 8 failure by 1 unless there is a bonus to effective skill for tiny sizes))
Old 09-01-2021, 08:50 AM   #794
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The night wears on, the fires grow low, and Mr. Pundell finally stops moving around the camp giving orders and collecting reports. Its dark, maybe 10 o'clock.

He stops to stare at a fire, and pulls out the talisman from his inner jacket pocket. The green jade and metal inlays glint in the firelight. He looks at the talisman and says something soft to it, then puts it back in his jacket pocket.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 09-02-2021, 04:24 PM   #795
the_matrix_walker

Peter will use his ability to detect magic to see if he can sense anything from the idol (hoping for some analysis). He will continue to keep an eye on him and see if he can determine what Mr Pundell does with the talisman while he is sleeping.
Old 09-03-2021, 10:59 AM   #796
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The jade frog is steeped in magic. Right now, that magic does nothing.

The magic seems most like that of the riders he spent time with earlier in boston. Or rather, like part of what the riders were. The riders were much richer and more vibrant. This seems to be a single note compared to their rich harmony*

Its still in the jacket when Mr. Pundell goes into his tent.

*I'm looking over magic he's experienced before: its not a terribly large list, but the rider magic is fairly close, though that has Four or so different functions while this very specialized and narrow.

Old 09-04-2021, 04:37 PM   #797
the_matrix_walker

Peter will create the smallest scout he can, and make it look as natural as possible.

Is he able to create something as small as an insect? He wishes to put a spy in the tent to see if it can find where Mr. Pundell keeps it at night.
Old 09-07-2021, 09:32 AM   #798
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Peter will create the smallest scout he can, and make it look as natural as possible.

Is he able to create something as small as an insect? He wishes to put a spy in the tent to see if it can find where Mr. Pundell keeps it at night.

The things don't go too much smaller than the volume of his thumb... so a great big bug, but still a bug. Looking at his skills... peter certainly has a nice repertoire of fat bugs to choose from and understand properly. Trekking through central american jungles for a few weeks will do that...

Mr. Pundell goes into his tent, and keeping the statue in the coat, rolls up the coat and uses it as a pillow.

Old 09-16-2021, 09:17 AM   #799
the_matrix_walker

Peter will retire for the evening and ponder the situation. The options seem to be they can attempt to steal the idol, or negotiate with the man. Peter is considering talking to the man, but is nervous to tip him off prematurely. He doubts Mr. Pundell will talk to him without Peter revealing too much.

He will focus his thoughts on Mr Pundell and the circle and meditate a bit before going to sleep. He hopes a dream may provide more guidance.

If one is not forthcoming, he will seek out Anil in the morning and share his observations.
Old 09-17-2021, 07:50 AM   #800
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
He will focus his thoughts on Mr Pundell and the circle and meditate a bit before going to sleep. He hopes a dream may provide more guidance.
His dreams are unfocused. This counts as practice towards learning the dreaming skill and mastering his dreaming ability though.

Quote:
If one is not forthcoming, he will seek out Anil in the morning and share his observations.
Anil ponders for a moment. "He keeps it close to him at all times... which means we will always know where it is. If I can stage him getting searched in front of the other partners, we can put the knowledge of the idol out in the open."

"We could also have me 'remember' an old poem about the Kakara circle involving a Jade frog, and confront him that way"

"or... do you think you could take the frog? I suppose it probably belonged to my ancestors once."

Later in the morning, Anil tells Peter: "Mr. Pundell is leading another searching party this morning."

Tags
lost in dreams