Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 02-12-2019, 08:31 AM   #21
Misplaced Buckeye

Default Re: Ogrezine article Defend the Negev issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColBosch View Post
No cybertanks - aside from the ersatz Chinese Dragon - were manned. The big difference was between those which were merely advanced AIs and those which were truly self-aware.
Probably thinking of Bolos then...
Misplaced Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 10:29 AM   #22
ColBosch

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranitePenguin View Post
So when you said "normal Spillover against terrain rules apply" you basically meant "use 7.12.3"; it wasn't trying to say "spillover against terrain when terrain is attacked."
The rule shouldn't be referenced at all. Since you can't change the terrain type, you shouldn't be targeting the hex instead of a specific unit. If you really think it needs clarification, just say "normal Spillover rules apply."
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:25 PM   #23
offsides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy_B View Post
Regarding spillover, I read from 7.12.3 "If the hex itself is targeted, then spillover attacks are made against eligible units within the hex (7.12.2)." and wrote that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColBosch View Post
The rule shouldn't be referenced at all. Since you can't change the terrain type, you shouldn't be targeting the hex instead of a specific unit. If you really think it needs clarification, just say "normal Spillover rules apply."
I agree - there's no need to say anything about spillover in mountains if it works the same way as in every other terrain type. At most, stating that normal spillover rules apply to mountains is sufficient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy_B View Post
Regarding platoon/squad, I did not mean 3 squads (1 platoon), I meant 1 squad.
I'm confused. If the Jordanian player gets 1 squad per turn, and holds them for 2 turns, then they should get 3 squads when they bring them in. Otherwise, you're not delaying the reinforcements, you're choosing to forgo them. That's not a problem, but if that's what you intend I would change the wording to indicate that the Jordanian player can either choose to not accept reinforcements on any given turn, or maybe you meant that they can delay the start of receiving reinforcements and either remove or reword the 2-turn delay sentence to make it clearer. Because as written, it sounds like you're holding on to reinforcements for those 2 turns to bring them in at full platoon strength rather than just a single squad.
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
offsides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 04:14 AM   #24
Izzy_B

Thanks all for the proofreading and suggestions. I'll get back with Drew on my revisions.
Izzy_B is offline   Reply With Quote