Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 02-18-2019, 12:20 PM   #31
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Default Re: Pointless Units

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat View Post
The motivating reason why I'm looking at this issue is that I'm using open-topped vehicle miniatures to facilitate moving infantry in and out of them. WYSIWIG suggests they should be able to fight just like in an open-topped GEV-PC.
Yes, the HVRTRK mini has no hint of a cover. It even comes with cargo pieces that sit on the open bed. It's a valid question based on the mini design.

Now, if you never used the minis and went only by the rules (which make it clear it's covered), this wouldn't even be a question.
Old 02-18-2019, 12:21 PM   #32
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcobb View Post
Biggest distinction is the seven hex down the road hoverblitz between internal and external carry.
That is worthy of 3VP rather than 2.
Old 02-18-2019, 12:58 PM   #33
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranitePenguin View Post
Yes, the HVRTRK mini has no hint of a cover. It even comes with cargo pieces that sit on the open bed. It's a valid question based on the mini design.
That also relates to the how many pallets fit in a hover/truck question. Did the metal model come with 1 or 2 cargo pieces per vehicle?

I'll be building my own magnetised loads to use, but might as well go with established model precedent since that is likely to be duplicated if they are ever done again in plastic.
Old 02-18-2019, 01:05 PM   #34
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat View Post
That also relates to the how many pallets fit in a hover/truck question. Did the metal model come with 1 or 2 cargo pieces per vehicle?

I'll be building my own magnetised loads to use, but might as well go with established model precedent since that is likely to be duplicated if they are ever done again in plastic.
The mini came with two cargo pieces, but only one fits at a time. One is a LAD, the other is "random cargo"

According to the mini, it's one LAD per Hovertruck. here's a picture of the original set 10:

http://www.sjgames.com/miniatures/og...g/cover_lg.jpg
Old 02-18-2019, 01:10 PM   #35
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranitePenguin View Post
The mini came with two cargo pieces, but only one fits at a time. One is a LAD, the other is "random cargo"

According to the mini, it's one LAD per Hovertruck. here's a picture of the original set 10:

http://www.sjgames.com/miniatures/og...g/cover_lg.jpg
Great, thanks! That settles that question then. I had begun thinking that LAD pallets built to fit 2/vehicle would look very tiny.
Old 02-19-2019, 09:37 PM   #36
Cat

Photographic Exhibit A of why my infantry will be wanting to attack out of their open-topped armoured trucks.

For this printing of my reference cards, I'm going with Hover Truck at 2VP, Armored Truck at 1 VP, and Truck at 1/2VP; upgrade any to infantry may fire = +1VP.