Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-22-2015, 11:04 AM   #11
Gollum

Default Re: Blackjack/SAP rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarg View Post
Eh semi-realistic James Bond is probably more like ST 13 DX 16 Brawling-20 Karate-16, or something, and so can probably do All Out Attack for two attacks and probably hit with both and likely result in multiple knockout checks, stunning, knockdown, plenty of shock penalties for follow-up attacks if that wasn't enough, etc. No need for cinematic rules, if you have awesome skills.
I absolutely do agree. No need for cinematic rules if you have awesome skills (and James Bond has, as well as awesome basic attributes) ... It's a very good point.

having said that, there are a lot of other features which clearly show that we are in a cinematic kind of stories. At least, before episodes with Daniel Craig, which are more "realistic" (and more pessimistic too - but I also like them very much).

No matter. My point wasn't to discuss about James Bond. I just wanted to show that GURPS can handle cinematic stories (in which a little strike with the butt of your gun can easily knock out a foe) as well as realistic ones (in which it is hard to knock out someone without hurting him very violently - and risking to kill him).
Gollum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 11:06 AM   #12
Gollum

Default Re: Blackjack/SAP rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrunch View Post
It took a while but finally I saw the light - a very big thank to you all!
Don't mention it!

GURPS is not very easy to understand first. But once you get it, it brings you very far ...
Gollum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blackjack, damage, modifer, rules clarification, sap