Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip > The Fantasy Trip: House Rules

Old 05-29-2020, 02:03 AM   #21
Steve Plambeck

Default Re: SUGGESTION: a new format for the OPTIONS LIST

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyPlenty View Post
(B2) MISSILE WEAPON ATTACK. Move up to 1 hex and/or drop to prone/kneeling position and fire a missile weapon. A figure must be DISENGAGED to fire and reload a missile weapon. If the figure had a missile weapon ready BEFORE it was engaged, it may get off one last shot, but the missile weapon MUST be dropped after firing.

Could this work?
Because one is "fire and reload" while the other is "fire and drop" I decided not to consolidate them. In the RAW they have to be separate because they go on different lists (disengaged and engaged). Here I could have combined them into one, but actually seeing them side by side for the first time seems to highlight how they differ from one another. Plus it retained the original text without alteration.
Old 05-29-2020, 10:21 AM   #22
Skarg

"ONE-LAST-SHOT MISSILE ATTACK" seems to me to be more like "fire but can't reload (until unengaged again)" rather than "Fire and Drop", since it is permitted to hang onto the weapon to parry with.
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 11:38 PM   #23
Steve Plambeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarg View Post
"ONE-LAST-SHOT MISSILE ATTACK" seems to me to be more like "fire but can't reload (until unengaged again)" rather than "Fire and Drop", since it is permitted to hang onto the weapon to parry with.
The source for the version I typed was Advanced Melee (3) where, under Ic. it says "NOTE: if you are engaged, you must drop the missile weapon after firing. You cannot reload a missile weapon while you are engaged."

The first part of the quote does not appear in the new ITL, and now that I think about it, the exclusion was likely to have been deliberate for just the reason you mention. So I'm excising that sentence!

Thanks for the feedback Skarg.