Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-25-2017, 06:44 PM   #61
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Default Re: Defense bonus and ATR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
It allows you to take more actions which is part of what you need for someone who truly is faster in every way. Of course you need more than that as well and the purpose of this thread is to ask about how much of a defense bonus (and how much harder it should be for others to defend against your attacks) you would realistically need for such a character.
What in real life do you think has Altered Time Rate?
Quote:
Yes, inflicting doubled forces would be part of it. I'm not sure why you keep bringing that up.
That is just more ST (specifically about +5 ST). Altered Time Rate doesn't accelerate things by proportional force, it just accelerates things instantaneously by aphysical means. It isn't realistic at all.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 06:51 PM   #62
Andreas

Default Re: Defense bonus and ATR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
What in real life do you think has Altered Time Rate?

That is just more ST (specifically about +5 ST). Altered Time Rate doesn't accelerate things by proportional force, it just accelerates things instantaneously by aphysical means. It isn't realistic at all.
Some kind of robot arms might. I wasn't really thinking about any specific real world thing though. What I was asking for concerned realistic consequences of such a hypotetical ability.

That depends on if you also buy extra ST like that for such a character. It is true that ATR by itself isn't consistent with acceleration of things by proportional force, but I'm not really asking about ATR by itself. I'm considering which traits should accompany ATR for such an ability and the subject of this thread is which Defense bonuses are realistically appropriate.

Last edited by Andreas; 11-25-2017 at 06:55 PM.
Andreas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
altered time rate, atr