Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 11-24-2013, 10:11 AM   #1
zoncxs

Default Christopher Archer, The Ranker (IC)

You spent most of your life training and fighting. Becoming better and better at your favored weapon, the bow. Finally your chance to join the ranks have come, but before you start your life journey to become top rank you must get your first rank. You enter the arena in the city called Vitamythos. It is fairly big, and empty. You can barely make out a few figures sitting on the benches in what looks like a noble sections.

You stand in the designated area with a bow in hand. It is not your bow, nor do you wear your quiver. These were given to you for the test, the quiver is full,hung over your shoulder. The bow feels good in your hand, and strong. The arena walls are a good 70 paces from where you stand.

The fight will last till you fall or give up, or you defeat all 10 opponents. As you ready your bow with an arrow and take a breath a bell rings loud starting the test.

4 figures appear a good 30 paces from you in front of you, they glow with a blue light. Each has a sword and shield in hand.

You may go first, Archer.
zoncxs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:59 AM   #2
Poonbahbah

Default Re: Christopher Archer, The Ranker (IC)

Archer quickly readies the bow and fires at the left most figure before taking a step back.

OOC
First roll is to draw the bow at skill 16+, next two are vital shots at skill 13 (18 base +3 ACC -7 range -1 vitals -0 DWA (Yay techniques)) (3d6=10, 3d6=11, 3d6=12)
And because they're a different kind of die, damage next...
Damage (1d6+2=6, 1d6+2=5)Please note they have armor divisor 2 and that thanks to dual weapon attack he's at -1 to defend vs both attacks.
Edit: damage should be d+4 as the GM kindly pointed out to me. So 8 & 7 instead of 6 & 5 (2) damage to the vitals if one and or the other hits.

Last edited by Poonbahbah; 11-25-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Poonbahbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:53 AM   #3
zoncxs

The target failed to avoid the arrows and falls, its shape vanish. The other three continue to move towards you. 25 paces away.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:31 AM   #4
Poonbahbah

This time Archer takes a step back, readies the bow, and lets fly two true shots at the rightmost figure's vitals.

OOC
1 dual fast draw vs 15 (minus 2 for familiarity?) 1 quick pull to ready at 16+, 2 shots vs 13. ( 3d6=6, 3d6=11, 3d6=12, 3d6=12)
Down to 26 Arrows and up to 26 paces away.
Damage ( 1d6+4=10, 1d6+4=9)

Last edited by Poonbahbah; 11-26-2013 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Made sure I specifically mentioned he was going for vitals.
Old 11-28-2013, 11:27 AM   #5
zoncxs

Unable to avoid the arrows, he too drops and vanish. The remaining two begin to distance themselves from each other while moving forward. They are 20paces away, about 8 paces apart from each other.
Old 11-28-2013, 10:24 PM   #6
Poonbahbah

Archer keeps on keeping on and attempts to take a third opponent out with a dual arrow attack to his vitals. He wont worry about taking as step this time.

OOC
Same rolls required as last time. Though the to hit rolls will be 14 instead of 13 thanks to the range dropping down an increment. I can hardly wait for Invisiblecastle to, hopefully, come back up again so you wont have to roll for me.
Old 11-28-2013, 10:37 PM   #7
zoncxs

Your arrows fly true but the target managed to deflect and avoid them. They continue to sprint to you, now 14 paces away.

(Finally made a block and dodge!)
Old 11-28-2013, 10:47 PM   #8
Poonbahbah

Archer takes a step back and lets fly at the other opponent still standing hoping he isn't as skilled or lucky as his companion.

OOC
Same as before including another range increment closer so vs 15 to hit. Also crits on 5. :)

One was bound to manage it eventually.

Edit: 22 arrows and 15 paces.

Last edited by Poonbahbah; 11-29-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Old 11-29-2013, 12:00 PM   #9
zoncxs

the first arrow hit its shield forcing it out of the way as the second arrow lands clean, forcing the blue guy to tumble and vanish. the last one standing continues to charge forward. now only 9 paces away.
Old 11-29-2013, 12:26 PM   #10
Poonbahbah

Archer attempts to finish of the last man standing the same way he's taken everyone else down.

OOC
Roll vs 16 to hit as yet another range increment is dropped. Criticals on 6 or less now.Down to 20 arrows now assuming he gets them off successfully.

Tags
the rankers