Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-21-2017, 08:05 AM   #21
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams (Michael)

"Fremen! room? Room we have!"

His accent isn't terrible, but english certainly isn't his first language. A German accent, perhaps? and he's using an archaic base.

"How come ye on the rock! what ye do to thy last crew?"

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 07:59 PM   #22
Friendpmcii

At least its English, I had no... I was taken in my Sleep? He pauses to find an easier olden word, Dreams, and left on this rock as a jo..JEST. Michael Smiles as if in hummer I don't even know where I am, He shakes his head forgetting to try to use the old English he learned in the scriptures, I've never even worked on a ship, but I'm willing to try.

(Honest Face to help clam innocence)

Last edited by Friendpmcii; 02-21-2017 at 08:02 PM.
Friendpmcii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 08:09 AM   #23
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"And ye slept the entire journey! Tis magic then. Yer jester be quite Ernest. Ye sure he not vexed at ye?"

The man yells something in another language to some of the other men. After some conversation, They let down a boat of sorts and the speaker and two other men start moving towards him. The "oars" and less oars and more giant fan things. Everyone rotates them to be thin when not stroking the direction they need to go.

The boat arrives on the island, and Michael is invited to get in.

OCC: I'm struggling to keep the accent without going full on pirate. That's not the intent, but the words just fit right, on he is on a boat...

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 02-22-2017, 01:32 PM   #24
Friendpmcii

Odly, I am sure I'm not vexed. We've been having jests at my life for some time, this is by far the most extensive though. Most of the time its more subtle. Then again most of my life I seem to learn a lot of something and then not be able to continue with my ideas due to what I learn. Michael gets on the boat. Thank you. Can I hel?. Michael sits down. So, what brings yea out yonder?

(ooc: that was part of pointing out my use of body language skill, so it would be easier to simply say... he seems friendly, and not pirate. [if I passed/failed, pending what he is trying to show.] On an odd notes, my character is still leaning away from pirate, most pirates have on bright colors. Often from the variety of random clothings they've stolen. And most people who go to jail swear when they come out, something to do with looking tough in prison (though I'm prone to believe having a low vocabulary has something to do with it as well.) [the advantages to playing myself, I don't have to ask what I know.])
Old 02-25-2017, 11:50 AM   #25
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"We search the skies for an ancient ruin. I know not what Master Velsink be looking for, but he says it be at the ruin"

"How well can ye work rigging? How many years have ye sailed?"

OCC: "Buried Treasure! Arrr!". Maybe I should have made them pirates...

Old 02-26-2017, 03:34 PM   #26
Friendpmcii

I've never been on a boat, I mean ship, but I might be good at helping the cook, if I can get used to the strange plants. Is this edible? Michael holds up some of the plant he had tasted. I may also be able to help with maps or lookout. But I am no good at tie-ing knots, braids I can do though.

It is around hear, still glowing bright. Does mister Velsink kept secrets often? The runes are that way, are they not?
pointing to the other islands.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:22 AM   #27
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The man looks at Michael strangely. "Nay, tis aweful victuals. We do not eat weeds, but ground provisions, grain, and vegetables. Ye do not know knots? Where ye from then?"

The man looks at the islands. "I know not. But ye know? Are ye sure ye are out here in jest?"

Old 02-28-2017, 05:54 PM   #28
Friendpmcii

Michael looks sad, Dangdiarrhea hear I come, I come from far away, in a land that... Is as sad as it is amazing.

That is part do the jest, I don't know what the item does or exactly how to get there. But I do know that it is powerful and should be kept from anyone undeserving.
Old 03-07-2017, 03:09 PM   #29
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The man looks at him funny. "We will set ye to cleaning, then. And give ye a watch. The middle watch."

Old 03-09-2017, 07:36 PM   #30
Friendpmcii

Michael knew from his time in the army that the middle watch was likely the worst, but at least he was going to be of use. Sounds like it's just my job. Cleaning the ship will let me learn more about the capten and crew, and the middle shift beats every shift any day. He thinks about the times in Iraq where the biggest issue was 'death by boredom'. maybe I can learn a thing or two well on the ship as well?

Tags
lost in dreams