Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 08-27-2017, 04:34 AM   #2941
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang View Post
When is the DF box set due to arrive in Australia for Australian kickstarter backers?
The games are on a big boat (I am pretty sure the container ship company doesn't like it when I say "boat) and on their way to the US. Once the games are processed, copies will be loaded onto another boat (take that, container company!) and head toward Australia.

Many supporters in the US will see their rewards in September/October. European (and the rest of the world) supporters will see their rewards in October/November, all depending on the randomness of shipping.

Note: There are three total containers for this project. One to our Kickstarter fulfillment company in the US, one to the Kickstarter fulfillment company in the EU, and all of the rest (including Kickstarter rewards for other places and distribution) on their way to our primary warehouse in Georgia.

The volume of games going to places like Australia, Canada, Japan, etc. are not enough to ship directly from Hong Kong to those locations. Instead, games to those countries are routed through our primary warehouse. It takes time, yes, but it is the best that we can do without completely losing our minds (and wallets).
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 04:37 AM   #2942
lachimba

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post

The volume of games going to places like Australia, Canada, Japan, etc. are not enough to ship directly from Hong Kong to those locations. Instead, games to those countries are routed through our primary warehouse. It takes time, yes, but it is the best that we can do without completely losing our minds (and wallets).
Confirmed, 60 copies not enough to direct ship to Australia.

When does the game go on retail in the USA? October?
lachimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 04:38 AM   #2943
rknop

One thing I do wish was there: pictures of more of the monsters. I know that art is expensive, and that the number of monsters would have been greatly reduced with the layout space that pictures take up. However, I find pictures of monsters not just evocative, but useful.
rknop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 06:37 AM   #2944
Bruno

Quote:
The volume of games going to places like Australia, Canada, Japan, etc. are not enough to ship directly from Hong Kong to those locations.
I'm a little bit surprised the Canadian kickstarters aren't fulfilled from your US hub. IME shippers never do Canadian customs paperwork[1], which means there's not even extra paperwork for them.

Is there an extra shipping delay from the SJG warehouse, considering that y'all are trying to do normal Warehouse 23 stuff at the same time?

[1] Incidentally, I'm not sure most US shippers are aware of this: there is customs paperwork. If you don't do it, the couriers do it, and then charge us anywhere from an extra $20 to an extra $100, not counting whatever customs fees we have to pay. If you ship via mail, we just have to pay the customs fee (in this example, $10) without the ridiculous surcharge.

Do you know how things will be coming over the border to Canada? I know in the past SJG has sometimes done something clever where the package ended up in the hands of Purolator on our side of the border (the Canada Post "courier service") instead of one of the international couriers, which bypassed the surcharge somehow.

Frankly, given the chance I'd have everything shipped from the US via regular parcel post.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 08:30 AM   #2945
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachimba View Post
When does the game go on retail in the USA? October?
Planned for October release, yes.

http://www.sjgames.com/newproducts/
Old 08-27-2017, 08:32 AM   #2946
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
Is there an extra shipping delay from the SJG warehouse, considering that y'all are trying to do normal Warehouse 23 stuff at the same time?
Unknown. We will do the best we can. The process comes down to:

* Games arrive in Georgia.
* Ship games to Texas.
* The games arrive in Texas.
* Ship games to backers.

This could be two or three weeks, especially with the primary warehouse entering peak season.
Old 08-27-2017, 10:42 AM   #2947
tbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbm View Post
The two people crouching in those pictures are both listening at the same door from different sides...
Ah. So that's what the cultist by the wall is doing. (Nothing wrong with the artist's depiction; I just wasn't seeing it.)

Twitter: @Gamesdiner | RSS: here ⬅︎ Updated RSS link | This forum: Site updates thread (occasionally updated)

(Latest goods on site: GLAIVE Mini levels up to v2.4. Update to melee weapon design tool, with more example weapons and commentary.)
tbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 10:59 AM   #2948
evileeyore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachimba View Post
Doom Children
[EXPLICATIVE] Boombrats. I know they're practically 'iconic' in the games I'm playing in. Stupid little jerks keep showing up.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 11:59 AM   #2949
Blind Mapmaker

Managed to write a (considerably shorter) review of Dungeon Fantasy Traps:

http://blindmapmaker.wordpress.com/2...ered-by-gurps/

(Caution: may contain the hoster's ads. Ad-blocker is advised)

Contains some input by Christopher R. Rice. Thanks for the talk!
Old 08-27-2017, 05:53 PM   #2950
Boomerang

Quote:
The games are on a big boat (I am pretty sure the container ship company doesn't like it when I say "boat) and on their way to the US. Once the games are processed, copies will be loaded onto another boat (take that, container company!) and head toward Australia.

Many supporters in the US will see their rewards in September/October. European (and the rest of the world) supporters will see their rewards in October/November...
Thanks for the update!

Tags
dungeon fantasy, fantasy