Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > The Gnomes of Zurich > Gamer Finder

Old 07-05-2009, 06:49 PM   #1
nick012000

Default PbP Transhuman Space?

I was wondering whether anyone wanted to play in and/or GM a Transhuman Space game? I've got ideas floating around in my head for a Transhuman Space/Traveller: Interstellar Wars crossover game, but at the same time I've also written up a PC I'd really like to play (because I find generating characters fun; yay Asperger's).

I posted this here rather than in the PbP forum because it's as much a player looking for a GM as a GM looking for players, and the rules for the PbP forum say that GMs start the new threads, and I'm not sure how strict or lenient the mods are here. I don't want to risk getting banned after one post. :p
nick012000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:59 PM   #2
rknop

Default Re: PbP Transhuman Space?

I've been pondering the idea of trying to start up an Asteroids-based PbP THS game... let me ponder it some more, and I'll post about it if I decide to do it.
rknop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:50 AM   #3
nick012000

How many character points were you thinking? I've already got a 250-point character sheet written up as a result of toying with the rules for fun; reducing that would, of course, be more difficult than increasing that total.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:51 AM   #4
rknop

I was thinking more, although thoughts are kind of vague right now.

I was thinking around 350-400 points, using GURPS/4e, so that it would be possible to play an SAI with some sort of halfway decent cybershell body, if that's the sort of thing you wanted to do. Probably centered around Silias Duncan station, probably with the plot (at least initially) related to Axon and the whole Exogenesis thing. (With PCs being Axon members or sympathizers.) I'd probably set a limit of +3 to attributes above and beyond anything you get out of racial or genetic upgrade templates, so that the high point total isn't abused.
rknop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:25 AM   #5
Noven

Count me in if anyone starts one =)

Edit: I have the Changing Times book and my knowledge of the setting is very weak, but I am very interested to learn.
Noven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:33 PM   #6
nick012000

Okey dokey!

Are cinematic martial arts allowed for us meatbags, or just the realistic ones? Not the blatantly supernatural ki powers, of course, but what about things like the Freefighting cinematic techniques, or things like Dual-Weapon Fighting/Defense?
Old 07-10-2009, 11:47 PM   #7
nick012000

Hello? rknop? You still there?

It'd suck if this died before it had a chance to even begin.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:20 AM   #8
Noven

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick012000 View Post
Hello? rknop? You still there?

It'd suck if this died before it had a chance to even begin.
Yea I know for reaol... I just started getting THS-smart and was going to start on a 350 pt character this morning =).
Old 07-11-2009, 12:53 PM   #9
nick012000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noven View Post
Yea I know for reaol... I just started getting THS-smart and was going to start on a 350 pt character this morning =).
Oh yeah? What sort of character were you thinking of? I've got a bioengineer/businesswoman who runs her own little bioengineering company, designing and selling bioroids for a living. She wound up getting drawn into the whole Axon Group rebellion because she bought a Shadow from one of the engineers who was selling them as expert systems on the side to fund his posthuman apotheosis. Once the whole Nanodynamics takeover went down, she got contacted (or, more accurately, her shadow employees got contacted), and she decided to help. In a fight, she's a fairly skilled martial artist (she's been training since she was a child, as a hobby), but her real talents lie elsewhere.
Old 07-11-2009, 03:56 PM   #10
Noven

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick012000 View Post
Oh yeah? What sort of character were you thinking of? I've got a bioengineer/businesswoman who runs her own little bioengineering company, designing and selling bioroids for a living. She wound up getting drawn into the whole Axon Group rebellion because she bought a Shadow from one of the engineers who was selling them as expert systems on the side to fund his posthuman apotheosis. Once the whole Nanodynamics takeover went down, she got contacted (or, more accurately, her shadow employees got contacted), and she decided to help. In a fight, she's a fairly skilled martial artist (she's been training since she was a child, as a hobby), but her real talents lie elsewhere.
Since I am new to the setting, I was thinking maybe a former French Foreign Legionnaire turned system-wide private security contractor with a conscious.

Tags
transhuman space