Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2019, 03:30 PM   #10
johndallman
Night Watchman

Default Re: A Request For Help On Characters (Plus Lenin-2 Expansion Ideas)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madd Kossack 115 View Post
Sorry for not getting to you in my other reply post, but I maxed out my character limit there -
No problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madd Kossack 115 View Post
I'll take this moment to confess that I don't have a GM just yet, and I'm not even designing Dallin for an actual game
OK, that makes things clearer. I suggest you pick a point level and try to stick to it. Many of the iconic characters are 250 points or fairly close, and since all your characters seem to be humans, you don't have to worry about expensive racial templates. There's more guidance on picking point totals on p. 487 in the Basic Set.

Then sit down with the books, go through the lists, and draft a character. You'll go over budget - this always happens. Trimming down to budget is a good way to find out which ideas and features are fundamental to your concept, and which aren't. Then post the character and ask for critique.

One concept worth clarifying with Fairborne: is he a dedicated sniper, who doesn't do much else, or is he part of a combat team, and the first choice when long-range shooting is required? It makes a difference to skill and advantage choice, and a dedicated sniper normally operates as part of a two-man team of spotter and sniper.
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
characters, gurps, infinite worlds, post-apocalyptic war, setting