Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip > The Fantasy Trip: House Rules

Old 04-17-2020, 12:32 PM   #11
Terquem

Default Re: Demihuman Guidelines (WIP)

Interesting creature, I prefer the "tentacle" goblin or Grindylow.
Terquem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 08:50 AM   #12
Shadekeep

Other hybrids, like the Drider from D&D, should be possible under my guidelines as well. So should novel entities, such as a human with a scolopendra lower half (a literal human centipede) or even a human that is half snail (a la the Uzumaki manga). The system should in theory allow for pretty much anything.
Old 05-01-2020, 10:24 AM   #13
hcobb

Lizard Kin: Hobgoblin sized (and slatted) distant relatives of the Reptile people. Their tails are too small to be considered effective weapons, but they can bite in HTH for +2 damage over their bare handed HTH attack. Their heavy scales stop two hits, but double the DX impediment for wearing other armor over them.

They treat environmental temperatures as being twenty degrees Fahrenheit lower than humans do so are generally active either in tropical jungles, desert daytimes, or in caverns warmed by geologic activities. Otherwise they will wear heavily padded coats, boots and gloves (treat as Cloth armor, with doubled DX minus as above).
Old 05-02-2020, 03:10 AM   #14
Steve Plambeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcobb View Post
Otherwise they will wear heavily padded coats, boots and gloves (treat as Cloth armor, with doubled DX minus as above).
Not sure clothing in cold weather would do a reptile much good. Being ectothermic, they aren't generating heat of their own to trap inside the clothing -- their metabolisms will run very low without a source of external heat. Insulation might be enough to keep them from outright dying, but they wouldn't be moving much.

That said, some reptiles like sea turtles do generate enough muscle heat to keep themselves running. Some plesiosaurs even lived in arctic and sub-arctic waters.