Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-26-2014, 03:07 AM   #11
Icelander

Default Re: GURPS Voodoo 4e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Of course if you have more then one it gets a lot more attractive and with enough you then head towards Morph which could be nearly infinite in options.
Yes, but if I only intend for the character to be able to invoke the loa for whom they feel a personal attunement and after whose personality they pattern their own, that doesn't help much.

Nor is it a persuasive argument for the very high price for bonuses which one can invoke very rarely that you are paying a premium for flexibility that you don't actually have.

I did have a thought as I lay in bed last night, though, By the RAW, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with making an Alternate Form out of the Disadvantages and a few minor Advantages and then simply buying Extra Attributes as a Linked power that only works with Alternate Form and then limiting the levels of Extra Attributes as appropriate (the limitations total more than -80% no matter how you cut it).

That gets you a final result that is the same as paying the full 90% price for a very expensive Alternate Form, but without having to pay almost full price for bonuses which you can only use very rarely.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:10 AM   #12
Refplace

Default Re: GURPS Voodoo 4e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post

That gets you a final result that is the same as paying the full 90% price for a very expensive Alternate Form, but without having to pay almost full price for bonuses which you can only use very rarely.
God woork. My next asuggestion was going to be Disadvantagious form but it has issues for what you want as well.
Good work on the Ogun writeups by the way.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate form, metatrait, powers, voodoo