Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-28-2019, 04:15 PM   #1
Mavelic

Default New (?) racial advantage : how much for this ?

Hi,
I'm looking for the cost and "how to" create a specific racial advantage :
In my fantasy campaign, I've a race who can increase some skills categories (combat, tactics, strategy...) when they operate together ; the more they are, the better de bonus (from +1 to +4 max).
How it works : each member of this race, when they do something (same goal), are close to each other (say less than 30 meters, in sight and/or voice range), they instinctively "feel" where are others, what they think on the moment, and what they perceive, as if they were using the same mind at the same moment, but keeping their independency/freedom.
The more they are doing the same thing (same goal), the better the bonus : if two works/fight, etc, the bonus could be +1 to any useful skills for the task, +2 if they are five, +3 if they are twenty and +4 (max) if they are a hundred or more.
I hope i'm clear with my explainations.
Thank you for your advices ! :)
Mavelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 04:27 PM   #2
Refplace

Default Re: New (?) racial advantage : how much for this ?

Do you have Power-Ups Limitations or GURPS Zombies?
Sounds like a variation on the Horde modifier.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 04:34 PM   #3
Hide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavelic View Post
Hi,
I'm looking for the cost and "how to" create a specific racial advantage :
In my fantasy campaign, I've a race who can increase some skills categories (combat, tactics, strategy...) when they operate together ; the more they are, the better de bonus (from +1 to +4 max).
How it works : each member of this race, when they do something (same goal), are close to each other (say less than 30 meters, in sight and/or voice range), they instinctively "feel" where are others, what they think on the moment, and what they perceive, as if they were using the same mind at the same moment, but keeping their independency/freedom.
The more they are doing the same thing (same goal), the better the bonus : if two works/fight, etc, the bonus could be +1 to any useful skills for the task, +2 if they are five, +3 if they are twenty and +4 (max) if they are a hundred or more.
I hope i'm clear with my explainations.
Thank you for your advices ! :)
I don’t have any books atm. But I would take something like IQ and a talent with the trigger limitations. I am working on something similar BTW.
Old 11-28-2019, 04:50 PM   #4
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
I don’t have any books atm. But I would take something like IQ and a talent with the trigger limitations. I am working on something similar BTW.
Yep, thats what it is. I think appeared first in Zombies (But also think I saw it somewhere else, possibly Pyramid) on IQ for hordes that are smarter as a group than any individual alone.
Limitations on sale for Black Friday apparently goes into detail, different levels based on the size of the horde. Too much for me to be comfortable posting here. I tend to think a line or two is ok, but much more than that is excessive. Though we do post a paragraph from Basic for clarification its not like thats going to keep people from buying the book.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 08:53 AM   #5
Mavelic

Hi,
Thank you fo the answers.
So if i understand correctly, i apply the "talents" i need and i put limitations on them to reduce the cost ? Am i right ?
Mavelic is offline   Reply With Quote