Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-22-2013, 01:41 AM   #51
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: Stat Challenge: Gollum

Getting back to statting Gollum, I'd give him an Area Knowledge of the caves beneath Goblintown, but not of Moria -- part of the reason he followed the company out of the Mines was that he had gotten himself lost, somewhere near the West-gate.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:17 AM   #52
Daigoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Getting back to statting Gollum, I'd give him an Area Knowledge of the caves beneath Goblintown, but not of Moria -- part of the reason he followed the company out of the Mines was that he had gotten himself lost, somewhere near the West-gate.
We all fail a roll once in a while. I don't think that's justification enough to rule out the skill.
And heaps of forum collabs, 30+ and counting!
Daigoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:19 PM   #53
Johnny1A.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
I don't know that he was lost. I think he was trying to get across the mountains to reach the Shire, but couldn't get the West Gate open (not strong enough, or didn't know it would open at a shove).
Johnny1A.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:17 PM   #54
johndallman
Night Watchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny1A.2 View Post
The fact that Smeagol was affected so extremely, and so quickly, implies that there was already a lot of corruption there before he ever saw the Ring. Sure, the Ring would eventually make a murderer of anyone, but in under 60 seconds?!
Do we have any account of the occasion other than his? Given his confused mental state, and lack of regard for truth in general, we can't regard him as reliable. He has motive to make the Ring seem more powerful, so that less blame attaches to him.

Quite separately, the Ring was a lot fresher from Sauron at the time he acquired it; one could hypothesise that it was more active in some way.
johndallman is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
character stats, filthy pocketsssesss, lotr