Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-10-2012, 11:42 AM   #1
stranger38

Default Urban living legend help

Hello guys, how are you today? good i hope. so, here's the deal for today: been in a J-horror mood (and by the way, loved the new gurps horror! still have the second edition of it!) and found out this movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z-B...eature=related, please, forget the cheesy name, the original one is Teke-Teke (the sound of her hands as she crawls around. so my problem is... i want to stat this vengeful legend... but... i don't know how! i mean, first, she has no legs, second she's fast! (she can outpass someone with legs) and mor important, she can cut a body in half with a single blow from her knfe, kama(sickle) or whatever blade she wields... So, if you guys would stat her, how would that be... (let's try to keep it more realistic as possible)
stranger38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:47 PM   #2
Jerander

Default Re: Urban living legend help

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger38 View Post
Hello guys, how are you today? good i hope. so, here's the deal for today: been in a J-horror mood (and by the way, loved the new gurps horror! still have the second edition of it!) and found out this movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z-B...eature=related, please, forget the cheesy name, the original one is Teke-Teke (the sound of her hands as she crawls around. so my problem is... i want to stat this vengeful legend... but... i don't know how! i mean, first, she has no legs, second she's fast! (she can outpass someone with legs) and mor important, she can cut a body in half with a single blow from her knfe, kama(sickle) or whatever blade she wields... So, if you guys would stat her, how would that be... (let's try to keep it more realistic as possible)
Creepy.

Without looking my books:

No Legs
Legs (Temporary disadvantage, No Fine Manipulators)
Increased move
Increased Striking ST or Cutting Innate Attack
Jerander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #3
aesir23

Looks like she might even have Flight or Warp.

And I'd definitely give her an Innate Attack (Cutting), although you could accomplish the same thing with weapon master and cutting ST.
aesir23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:17 PM   #4
vierasmarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger38 View Post
(let's try to keep it more realistic as possible)
This may be a sticking point. She's clearly a supernatural monster, so what precisely do you mean by "realistc"? Being able to slice a human torso in half with a single swing is hard enough with massive strength and the sharpest blades. It's really not believable to fit enough muscle mass in a creature of that size to accomplish the feat. We can stat it up, sure, but just know that we can either try to match what's shown in the clip, or match reality, but not both.
vierasmarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:28 PM   #5
stranger38

sorry viera, my bad "engrish" sucks, what i mean by realistic is with more rules, leaving no loose ends.
stranger38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:28 AM   #6
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerander View Post
Without looking my books:

No Legs
Legs (Temporary disadvantage, No Fine Manipulators)
Increased move
Increased Striking ST or Cutting Innate Attack
That looks pretty good, just based on the clip... the description from the op suggests there might be some kind of Imbuement going on.

"Vengeful Ghosts - What's their deal?" - segment on a pop-news show
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:32 AM   #7
zoncxs

this just got me thinking. how would you do a power that, when someone thinks about you or does something, summons you?

think candyman or bloody marry. anyone that does the ritual correctly gets an interview with them, that doesn't end well.

I think warp with trigger and limitation only to the person that triggers it?
zoncxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:06 AM   #8
Gold & Appel Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoncxs View Post
this just got me thinking. how would you do a power that, when someone thinks about you or does something, summons you?

think candyman or bloody marry. anyone that does the ritual correctly gets an interview with them, that doesn't end well.

I think warp with trigger and limitation only to the person that triggers it?
Add Detect (My Name Spoken and/or My Ritual Performed) (Precise +100%, Reflexive +40%), plus a buttload of Acute Detect and/or some level of the Long Range enhancement, and you're cooking with gas.
Gold & Appel Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:36 AM   #9
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold & Appel Inc View Post
Add Detect (My Name Spoken and/or My Ritual Performed) (Precise +100%, Reflexive +40%), plus a buttload of Acute Detect and/or some level of the Long Range enhancement, and you're cooking with gas.
See last years thread, How to hear my name, for more ideas on such a build.
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:19 PM   #10
Gnomasz

She's undead, so she lacks FP, yet she makes reliable Move and Attack, so I'd give her Extra Effort Energy Reserve for Heroic Charge.
As for cutting through people's bodies, Id give her Melee Cutting Attack 6d, which makes average injury of about 30, and that enforces 2 death checks on HP 10 human. If she makes some not immediately lethal, but nasty deep cut sometimes, it makes her even creepier.

And Jerander's suggestions on arms/legs are great.