Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-29-2011, 10:27 AM   #1
PK

Default GURPS Monster Hunters 2: The Mission

So you've built yourself a hunter using the rules, templates, and equipment lists in GURPS Monster Hunters 1: Champions. But now you're wondering, "What do I do with this badass protagonist?"

Fortunately, GURPS Monster Hunters 2: The Mission is here to answer that question. If your team is a group of paramilitary government "black ops" agents, think of this as your briefing room, commanding officer, and pile of dossiers. If you're all a bunch of unrealistically competent high-school students, these rules are how to piece together enough clues to figure out where your prey is and what it's up to. No matter what kind of monster-hunting game you want to run, The Mission is here for your needs.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:11 PM   #2
zoncxs

Default Re: GURPS Monster Hunters 2: The Mission

just bought it, got to page 4 and read the quote from session 9, I love the pdf already! that's all it took for me to love it. now if I find a ghostbusters quote on a later page....
zoncxs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:22 AM   #3
tg_ambro

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoncxs View Post
just bought it, got to page 4 and read the quote from session 9, I love the pdf already! that's all it took for me to love it. now if I find a ghostbusters quote on a later page....
I thought I was the only one who found that quote amazing!

Check out my blog, Ambro's Brainwaves Pretend you have telepathy, read my thoughts!
tg_ambro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:09 AM   #4
PK

I deleted some posts about merging threads.

For the record, it's our policy to make an official "announcement" post (typically by Kromm, though I'm handling MH for obvious reasons) in the GURPS forum and the e23 forum when a new GURPS PDF is released. This is in addition to any threads that may have popped up organically. It's fine if everyone wants to keep the discussion going in the other thread, but that doesn't mean this one shouldn't exist -- there should always be a company announcement, after all.

Old 05-07-2011, 01:10 PM   #5
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Pee Kitty
For the record, it's our policy to make an official "announcement" post (typically by Kromm, though I'm handling MH for obvious reasons) in the GURPS forum and the e23 forum when a new GURPS PDF is released. This is in addition to any threads that may have popped up organically. It's fine if everyone wants to keep the discussion going in the other thread, but that doesn't mean this one shouldn't exist -- there should always be a company announcement, after all.
Absolutely. Officialdom is grand, and I am eagerly looking forward to the announcement of the next Monster Hunters installment!

But... organically??
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 01:43 PM   #6
Langy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery View Post
But... organically??
'Organically' refers to the fact that it came about naturally, without the company's involvement.

'Organic' has a whole lot of different meanings in different contexts.
Langy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:49 AM   #7
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langy
'Organically' refers to the fact that it came about naturally, without the company's involvement.

'Organic' has a whole lot of different meanings in different contexts.
Huh... I don't recall hearing it in that context before. but it seems like it fits. Thanks!

I really like the layout of Chapter One, if not necessarily the content of each sub-section. the path (discovery-investigation-pursuit-confrontation-aftermath) lends itself to many other types of games, so the advice contained has broad application. That was a nice touch.
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:25 PM   #8
griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Pee Kitty View Post
So you've built yourself a hunter using the rules, templates, and equipment lists in GURPS Monster Hunters 1: Champions. But now you're wondering, "What do I do with this badass protagonist?"
So when will we see MH3? How long a lag til MH4? Can you give us any news as to how these are progressing?

Any chance we could see a Black Ops reboot 4e book?
griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:42 PM   #9
PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post
So when will we see MH3?
Shortly after you download it! I can tell you this much: It'll be available for download . . . on a Thursday.

Quote:
How long a lag til MH4?
More than a week, less than a year.

Quote:
Can you give us any news as to how these are progressing?
Sure. MH3 is laid-out and full of art. It just needs a bit of "prepress" love before it's ready for delicious downloading. MH4 is still being tweaked and adjusted so that it looks all beautiful for y'all; it doesn't quite have art yet, unfortunately.

Quote:
Any chance we could see a Black Ops reboot 4e book?
A full reboot book is unlikely; Black Ops wasn't quite popular enough to resurrect in full. However, the chance of seeing more Black Ops influence in a future MH book is reasonably high. (How much influence? Well, that remains to be seen.)

Old 05-15-2011, 02:51 AM   #10
Luke Bunyip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Pee Kitty View Post
MH3 is laid-out and full of art. It just needs a bit of "prepress" love before it's ready for delicious downloading. MH4 is still being tweaked and adjusted so that it looks all beautiful for y'all; it doesn't quite have art yet, unfortunately
The art is cool. When I took my PDFs to my local print shop to get them to print and bind them, the fellas commented favourably on the artwork.

Tags
monster hunters, rev. pee kitty