Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 07-21-2012, 10:43 PM   #1
thegladstoneguv

Default Interfering with combat

Hi,

How many times can one player interfere with combat, or how many cards can you play to interfere (i think it's only one)? If i had two of the add 10 to monster cards can i play both of them to one monster (yes, mean i know).

I know curses can be played at any time and one shots can be used on top of one another but number of times you can interfere with someone's combat turn is confusing.

Thanks,

thegladstoneguv

Edit: for example...

Can i play a one-shot to enhance the monster, then a +10 to the monster then curse the player.

Last edited by thegladstoneguv; 07-21-2012 at 11:04 PM. Reason: adding more info
thegladstoneguv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:14 PM   #2
DoomedDuck

Default Re: Interfering with combat

You can play as many cards as you have. There is no limit.
DoomedDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:04 PM   #3
Pax

If you had 10 cards in your hand that was all monster enhancers, one shot items, curses, or other valid cards, you could play them all during the same combat, against the same person if you wished.

Laughing manically after would be encouraged.
Pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:38 PM   #4
thedag

There is nothing in the rules that limits how many cards you can play so not sure where this idea comes from. How did you arrive at that conclusion can you remember?
You can play a card so the person is losing the combat. If they then play a card so they are winning you can then play another card. It is not a case of you play as many cards as you think you will need to and hope they can't beat it. You must give a reasonable time for people to interfere with combat if you are winning. There is no time limit given for actions if you are losing. Each card played that causes you to be winning the combat or any card played while you are winning the combat must allow people to respond. This means give them time to see what the card is and its effects and then a short time to play something in response.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:39 AM   #5
thegladstoneguv

Thanks everyone for your input, i'm not sure how exactly we came to the conclusion on playing one card but after thedag's explanation of the combat i understand it a bit more.

Thanks again.
thegladstoneguv is offline   Reply With Quote