Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars > Car Wars Old Editions

Old 05-24-2020, 09:51 PM   #1
ckosacranoid

Default The shurkin challenge.

I think most of know that crappy lux garage from VG1 with the light ship and std chassis.
Since its been dead in here and some just posted a bike build.

You run a garage and have been offered a job, someone came in with a car and they want it nodded, the only thing is you get free rain and lots of money to play with. It's part is build off with groups and biz in the area to promote a movie or something. Does not matter, your job it to build something cool with this crappy car.

If you want to stuff a 700cid in it for just speed, feel free. Add lots of handling to make it turn fast, go for it. Stuff a very big gun in it....go for it. Make a crappy division 100 dueler...
If you want to use toys from out on the web, like nova, demon mailing list, other website....go for it.
The only thing you can not use....No nerve gas or atomic weapons. Uncle Smellbert is fair game.
ckosacranoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 03:02 PM   #2
43Supporter

Default Re: The shurkin challenge.

Not sure what exactly can be done with the _Shuriken_ -- "officially", Chassis and Suspension cannot be upgraded, so one is stuck with a 4,950-lb. max. load and HC 1.

That said, a quick whip-around comes up with a passable light cargo unit/ rearguard:

Luxury; Lt. chas.; Lt. susp.; Large PP; 4x PR tire; Driver. MG [F]; 3x SD [L, R, B]; 3x SS [L, R, B]; 4x Link [1 ea. SS-SD pair; 1 all DW]; Cargo: 4 spaces, 400 lbs.; FE. Armor: F, L, R: 10; B: 30; T, U: 5. $8,790; 4,550 lbs. [loaded]. Acc. 5; TS: 102.5 [loaded]; HC: 1.

79er

The Jeremy Clarkson Debate Course:
1) I'm Right. 2) You're Wrong. 3) The End.

Last edited by 43Supporter; 05-25-2020 at 06:36 PM.
43Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 01:39 AM   #3
juris

Shuriken Surprise -- Luxury, Light chassis, Light suspension, Large power plant, 10-pt CA (Power Plant), Fire Extinguisher, 4 Puncture-Resistant tires, Driver w/BA and 10-pt CA, Gunner w/SWC and BA and 10-pt CA, 3 Linked Blow-through Concealed Rocket Launchers Front each w/10 shots Armor-Piercing, Plastic Armor: F20, L12, R12, B10, T4, U4, Acceleration 5, Top Speed 102.5, HC 1, 4950 lbs., $11405

The armor is on the inside - the weapons are concealed. Dedicated driver to compensate for the poor HC. Dedicated gunner to hit with the RLs.
juris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 02:16 PM   #4
43Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by juris View Post
Shuriken Surprise -- Luxury, Light chassis, Light suspension, Large power plant, 10-pt CA (Power Plant), Fire Extinguisher, 4 Puncture-Resistant tires, Driver w/BA and 10-pt CA, Gunner w/SWC and BA and 10-pt CA, 3 Linked Blow-through Concealed Rocket Launchers Front each w/10 shots Armor-Piercing, Plastic Armor: F20, L12, R12, B10, T4, U4, Acceleration 5, Top Speed 102.5, HC 1, 4950 lbs., $11405
Good: The driver/gunner combo, and the "concealed" armor.

Bad: Over Div. 10, but well under Div. 15. I'd go with a HRSWC for the Gunner.

79er

Old 05-26-2020, 03:47 PM   #5
juris

The Shuriken should never enter the arena, ever :)

You can squeeze into Div 10 - regular RL ammo, no SWC, only flak vests. Not recommended lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Supporter View Post
Good: The driver/gunner combo, and the "concealed" armor.

Bad: Over Div. 10, but well under Div. 15. I'd go with a HRSWC for the Gunner.
Old 05-27-2020, 04:29 AM   #6
kabson

Well, I thought I would spend some money - you'll need to haul that 10 ton luxury trailer somehow, and you may as well do it _quickly_... (terrible armor tho')

Shuriken Fast Hauler
Luxury, Light chassis, Light suspension, 500 cid engine w/Tubular Headers and VP Turbocharger, 7-pt CA (Engine), Fire Extinguisher, 15-gal Duelling Tank w/10-pt CA, 4 PR Radial tires, Driver w/BA and 10-pt CA, HDSS Front, Quick-Release Extra-Heavy Hitch w/10-pt Fireproof armor (Tow Capacity 20000 lbs.), Fireproof Plastic Armor: F10, L10, R10, B9, T6, U9, 2 5-pt Fireproof Wheelguards Back, 2 5-pt Fireproof Wheelhubs Front, Gear Allocation: [6 lbs.], Acceleration 20, Top Speed 170, HC 2, 4944 lbs., $29985

Last edited by kabson; 05-27-2020 at 05:19 AM. Reason: formatting/name
kabson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 05:16 AM   #7
kabson

I really should be working...

Shuriken Deathwish (straight-line only)

Luxury, Light chassis, Light suspension, Thundercat power plant, HD High-Torque Motors, 8-pt CA (Power Plant), 4 PR Radial tires, Driver w/HRSWC and BA and 9-pt CA, MML Back w/10 shots Laser-Guided and 8-pt CA, Targeting Laser Back w/LGL, HD Shocks, Spoiler, Airdam, Link, FP Armor: F3, L4, R4, B5, T1, U1, 2 Fake Wheelguards Back, 2 Fake Wheelhubs Front, Acc 15 (x2 w/HDHTMs), Top Speed 205, HC 2 (3 @60mph), 4949 lbs., $27468

It's a while since I saw a TC power plant in action...
Old 05-27-2020, 02:57 PM   #8
43Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabson View Post
It's a while since I saw a TC power plant in action...
You never saw a racing event in NOVA. I have an entire series of racing vehicles based around T-cats (the "_Nuclear Banana_" series). Granted, none of them have Light Suspensions.... :)

79er

Old 05-27-2020, 04:43 PM   #9
swordtart

Didn't we do this back in 2013 ;)

http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread...ghlight=design
swordtart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 05:16 PM   #10
juris

Damn forgot about my $50K stealth WGM Shuriken lol

The Lt chassis should never be seen off the track - but on racing vehicles it's awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordtart View Post