Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 04-17-2012, 03:03 AM   #1
Dragyn

Default [OOC] Blood Reign

This game has started. Current player roster is:

Vincent Malone - ErhnamDJ
Richard Hayes - Gemini

It is still possible to add another player or so to the game, though the premise for these additions may need to be a little different. Contact me here or via PM for details.

Original post below.

I'm looking for three characters, created on 250 points in a modern TL8 world. These characters are childhood friends, that have grown up but not apart. They may be from any walk of life these days, but they always come together every couple of months for remembrance and bonding. A ball game, a camping trip.

Tonight, it's dinner at their favorite restaurant in Chinatown.

Characters will be "normal", insofar as a 250/-50/-5 point character can be normal. No supernatural abilities, or flashy cinematics traits. TBaM, WM, and Gunslinger are allowed, but must be justified by backstory.

I will not reveal any specifics about what's going to happen, as I don't want to ruin the surprise or have characters that are optimized for the situation. However, I wouldn't be making uber-Accountants if I were you. Now, an accountant with a 3rd degree black belt.. maybe. :)

Any takers?

I will be out of town for the 21st through the 30th. I will probably be able to get online and check messages, etc, but it wouldn't be easy to run a game at that point. With that in mind, I intend to start the game around the 1st or 2nd. In the meantime, I want to select players, develop characters, and hash out the relationship between them.

Last edited by Dragyn; 05-09-2012 at 11:32 PM.
Dragyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:03 AM   #2
Dragyn

Default Re: [OOC] Blood Reign

This here post is a reserved post for the posting of a post should I need to post a post for the posting of information that needs to be posted in a post.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:00 AM   #3
ErhnamDJ

I'm very interested. How about a mafia character of some sort?
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:12 AM   #4
Saabre

I'm thinking a computer nerd into ampguard and other possibly other gaming.
Saabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:30 AM   #5
Gemini

I'd also be interested in this, I'm thinking my character could be a socialite/professional of sorts.

Last edited by Gemini; 04-17-2012 at 08:56 AM.
Gemini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:07 PM   #6
Dragyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDJ View Post
I'm very interested. How about a mafia character of some sort?
Could work. I'd like him/her to be a 'good guy' as well as a 'goodfellow', though, if you get my meaning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabre View Post
I'm thinking a computer nerd into ampguard and other possibly other gaming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
I'd also be interested in this, I'm thinking my character could be a socialite/professional of sorts.
The one thing to caution you is, don't make a character that can't at least put up a fight...
Old 04-17-2012, 02:41 PM   #7
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragyn View Post
Could work. I'd like him/her to be a 'good guy' as well as a 'goodfellow', though, if you get my meaning.
That's what I was thinking as well. You mention Chinatown. Do you have an idea as to where the characters will be from?
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:07 PM   #8
Gemini

Quote:
The one thing to caution you is, don't make a character that can't at least put up a fight...
I was also going to make him an enhusiastic firearms hobbyist and regular gym atendee, so that shouldn't be a problem.
Gemini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:36 PM   #9
Saabre

Quote:
Yeah, I got that from the opening post. I'll throw some sort of weapon skill on him and come up with a reason why. Pistol if nothing else and just say he keeps it for self-defense.
Saabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:03 PM   #10
Dragyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDJ View Post
That's what I was thinking as well. You mention Chinatown. Do you have an idea as to where the characters will be from?
The game will start in Movieburg..

Ok, we'll call in New York, but resembling the New York seen in most action movies. A little dark, a little gritty, and not quite as nice. Think the setting of the first Blade movie, and you'll be right on.

And please, don't expect me to portray a truly realistic New York. I've driven through a few times (will do so twice in the coming week and a half), but that's about it.

As to where your characters are from, that's something you can all decide together once characters are accepted. Just because the game is starting in New York doesn't mean they had to have grown up there.

Also, character acceptance will be based on story, not numbers. Give me a reason to want to run your character, not just how easy it will be to kill them off..

uh..

I mean, to give them great challenges... yeah, that's it!