Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 05-06-2012, 02:30 PM   #601
Stix4armz

Default Re: [IC] A Stranger Land

Artemis takes another shot at the boar this time aiming for the vitals that Rorik has already highlighted with the spear.

Bow shot to the vitals 17, roll 12, success by 5.

Damage 1d6+3 Impaling = 9, so maximum damage!
Stix4armz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:09 AM   #602
Ulthar88

The great tusks move Rorik's blade aside, but Artemis' shaft sinks to the fletching in the beast's ribs... it shudders and takes a step...

(The boar is granted a Cosmic Block by the gods of retroactive fairness, since that first sword blow shouldn't have landed :) -- the Bestial blade indeed turns out to be both fine and balanced, but Rorik does not have a Weapon Bond with it. A moot point, since the poor piggy is mortally wounded anyhow; this is more of a reminder to me to heed the immortal words of Senior Drill Sergeant Delamater: "Pay attention to detail!")

The beast is still standing, but that is all it can manage -- it is breathing, and bleeding, its last; the fight is over. When it finally collapses with a thump you can feel through your boots, you can take a moment to notice its powerful odor and its ridiculously thick hide. Even a mad-butcher job to hack away a few armloads of choice cuts will take at least an hour and probably require torchlight before it's done. An attempt to preserve the hide or trophies will take some hours longer.
Ulthar88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:45 AM   #603
Stix4armz

Artemis runs over to the boar and quickly inserts his long knife at the base of its skull putting it out of its misery.

"That went well." he remarks to Rorik as he attempts to recover his arrow from between the boar's ribs.

After observing the thickness of the hides Artemis says, "These hides could make excellent leather. Do we want to take the time to skin them?"

ooc: How are we doing for our marching, are we making good time? Because I know we had a few extra days in according to Captain Fox. If we do, Artemis will likely want to take the time to skin them properly (although irritatingly enough Artemis doesn't have Leatherworking and I thought he did... I feel like he should, so we get points I'll have to put it on there)
Old 05-07-2012, 12:31 PM   #604
Ulthar88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stix4armz View Post
ooc: How are we doing for our marching, are we making good time?
(You feel you've been making good time in terms of cross country travel in general, but since you really don't know the actual distance you need to cover, nor what sort of terrain lies ahead, you have no way of knowing whether you're "ahead of schedule" or not. A large part of how desperate time may be lies in Treeshadow -- if they have a mage capable of getting a message at least to Dunwin Harrow with a mere spell-casting, then you have plenty of time; if not...
Also, keep in mind that the hide alone must weight over 100 pounds.)
Old 05-08-2012, 11:33 AM   #605
Stix4armz

"Hmm... the extra weight might slow us down too much though." Artemis mutters "Probably best we don't get too greedy."

Artemis begins cutting away on the boar trying to get through the hide and to the meat, removing portions that look fit to eat. As he works his way around the boar's belly he takes time to check the contents of its stomach and intestines for valuables, after all animals love shiny things.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:46 PM   #606
Ulthar88

The contents of its stomach are, as expected, quite revolting.

(Let me know if you''re planning on taking more than the minimum of time or if you're intent on carrying away more than just enough mega-bacon so that your encumbrance isn't increased.)
Old 05-08-2012, 08:12 PM   #607
Gemini

"We should make the best meal we can from the meat of this boar and move on, we don't know this strange land and we'd best not waste our time, or our efforts in carrying the spoils"

Marcus watches Artemis cut the boar open,

"However this meat looks fantastic, we could afford to carry enough to last us a few days at least"

In the meantime, Marcus attempts to recover his arrow from the carcass.
Gemini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:20 AM   #608
Skullcrusher

"Yes I had no doubt in your ability to fell the beast." Rorik says as he wipes his blade and recovers his spear. "I could carry the hide but would only slow the party down. We should carry 20 pounds of meat each and leave the rest for the scavengers."

OOC: when I can I will calculate Roriks Enc...I believe he has picked up some extra weight during the adventure. :)

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer

Last edited by Skullcrusher; 05-09-2012 at 09:32 AM.
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:42 AM   #609
momothefiddler

"Twenty pounds each is... a lot of meat. Is that really necessary?"

(Astrid can carry a whole 2.25 lbs more before going from move 6 to move 4 - or 8 to 6 with the enchantment. On the other hand, she can carry another 39 after that, so if we're already going 6, you can talk her into it. I just don't know everybody's speeds at the moment.)
momothefiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:34 PM   #610
Lamech

I'll pick up no more meat than would drop my speed below everyone elses. Also if at all possible I'll want the meat easy to drop.
OOC: Picking up enough food that our speed is uniform at the lowest person's speed seems like a reasonable choice. Just remember to drop it in combat.
Hiriko
Andrew
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a stranger land