Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-23-2012, 05:14 PM   #471
Ulthar88

Default Re: [IC] A Stranger Land

(ooc: in the interest of 'moving things right along', I will summarize a few things here -- if anything violates your expectations too much, feel free to call for retcon)

Captain Fox agrees to assemble some soldiers next morning for your blessings, although he does seem a little uncertain about the idea.

Noting that it won't be possible to cash in the goblin-iron until tomorrow anyway, you decide to pursue the 'homesteading' idea and find a suitable second story of a nearly roofless empty building near the edge of town. From here, Rorik can even keep an eye on the wilderness himself, and thinks he can even see where Artemis must be setting up camp. Although after he notices how heavy the patrolling is around the outer walls, he doesn't feel the need for any undue vigilance.

It seems as if the evenings must be cooler now that the rains have started, but the added humidity makes it feel even more uncomfortable. Nonetheless, Martel falls asleep early on her straw bedding. Rorik can hear her stirring restlessly, however.

Martel: You feel bad -- you know you are in the throes of a simple nightmare, but the images are indistinct and you wish you would just wake up. Suddenly, one image is clear -- Astrid's face! She looks dead -- you tug at her, as if trying to bring her back to the land of the living.
Ow -- your forehead just smacked into something hard -- you were just dreaming -- so why are you kneeling with your head against the wall and what is that cold thing in your hand? Opening your eyes, you think for a moment you must still be asleep, for there at your feet is Astrid, curled up into an ice-cold fetal ball. As your eyes adjust to the starlit room, you realize you are indeed awake, and seem to have yanked Astrid out of ... nowhere?

Astrid: you are down by 6 HP and all your FP, and barely conscious. The last thing you remember is Post #1.
Ulthar88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:04 AM   #472
momothefiddler

Astrid whimpers slightly as she rolls onto her back, then flails wildly, grasping for something to break her fall. She grabs the foot of the bed and holds onto it, her knuckles growing white against her purple-blue skin. She lies still for a moment, processing, then opens her eyes slowly.
"You're that, uh," she says in a fragile, distant voice before passing out completely on the floor.
momothefiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:56 PM   #473
Lamech

Astrid are you okay?!, I reach out to her. You're freezing, you must need healing.
I start to cast the "healing light ritual" (Its from a perk)
Spoiler:  

If everything went well you should be fully healed. Alright then we need to get you warm, I gather any spare blankets we have and try and warm Astrid up. Physician Skill: 18 Roll 11
Hiriko
Andrew
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 02:11 PM   #474
Ulthar88

The healing went well, but Astrid remains unresponsive for a while due to the fatigue level, the most obvious complication being her near frozen condition.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:52 AM   #475
Ulthar88

In the morning, Astrid awakes feeling better than expected thanks to Martel's ministrations, although still more than a bit disoriented and already finding the rising heat of morning to be oppressive.

(Astrid: not only are you not yet acclimated to equatorial conditions, but are weakened from your bout with hypothermia -- any fatiguing activity will drain you more than normal for the first couple of days.)

Artemis returns from his camp having had no worse encounters than some disturbingly large bugs. As you walk Astrid back towards main street to introduce her to her new environment, you run into a small complication when you meet a group of townsfolk and guards gathered on the square.

Fred greets you and suddenly stops short, "Who the heck is she?"
"Is she with you?"
"Looks like one of 'em doesn't she?"
"Wheredaheckshecomefrom?"
"Did you lot let her pass?"
"I didn't let her in!"
"Musta been a wizard-gate or something."
"Idjit -- it's not much of a wall, but it'll stop 'portation spells."
"Captain Fo-ox!!"
Old 03-25-2012, 08:58 AM   #476
momothefiddler

Astrid, one hand on her head as if to restrain the headache, steps back behind Martel as the barrage of comments start. As her hands stray toward her belt, she whispers in Martel's ear: "I don't know where I am or how I got here, but I'd assumed it'd be ok for me to be here. Are we gonna have a problem with them?"
Old 03-26-2012, 05:47 AM   #477
Skullcrusher

Rorik exits from the Hostel he was held up in. Seeing Astrid he at first cocks his head to the side and then with a big smiles he yells,"Astrid! You made it...welcome to uh.....what is this place again?"

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:39 AM   #478
momothefiddler

Astrid smiles warmly at Rorik. As she walks over to him she says "Rorik! Good to see you!"
As soon as she reaches him, she says in a low voice, "So you can cover me." and sprints off along the shortest route to the wall that avoids the crowd.

Spoiler:  
Old 03-26-2012, 09:16 AM   #479
Skullcrusher

Rorik will grab her eby the arm and says...."No need to run if you are with us there shouldn't be a problem.."

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:20 PM   #480
Lamech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusher View Post
Rorik will grab her eby the arm and says...."No need to run if you are with us there shouldn't be a problem.."
I lean over and whisper
I think running will make you more suspicious actually... I bet though if that healer lady inspected her that would probably calm people down. Plus I remember saying Artemis had something weird, maybe Astrid caught something similar while she was... that place?
Hiriko
Andrew
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a stranger land