Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 01-19-2005, 04:43 AM   #1
Megapope

Default another stupid question

Where in the In Nomine book does it explain how Toughness works?

I love the game... hate how the book is laid out. -_-

Frothy Rantings!
Megapope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 07:14 AM   #2
EDG

Default Re: another stupid question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megapope
Where in the In Nomine book does it explain how Toughness works?
I'm not sure the core rules do explain how Toughness works. Night Music and the Corporeal Player's Guide both have rules for Toughness, as I recall.

According to the FAQ, you calculate a human's Body hits using the formula

(Corporeal Forces + Toughness) x Strength

and treat the human's "vessel level" as 1 for the purposes of determining death (that is, a human with no Toughness goes unconscious at 0 Body hits and dies at -Strength Body hits). Toughness also adds to the number of Body hits a human can take after unconsciousness, so a human with 2 Corporeal Forces, 2 Toughness, and 5 Strength would have 20 Body hits ((2+2) x 5), go unconscious when his Body hits were reduced to 0, and die when his Body hits were reduced to -7 (5+2). Without the Toughness, he has 10 Body hits ((2+0) x 5) and dies at -5 Body hits.
EDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 07:53 PM   #3
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Toughness was the errata added to the second printing (blue hardback, grayscale interior illustrations). It should be in the errata, but it doesn't seem to be on the online errata. Mrphl.

(I did not do the minor revisions to the second printing. At the time they decided to do the second printing, I was in the hospital with a 2 months premature baby, and they didn't even tell me about it until it was a done deal.)

I need to go beat the errata coordinator. *evil smile*

Anyway, Toughness is in the Corporeal Player's Guide, which is not accessible to me at this instant. Mrphl again.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:54 PM   #4
Megapope

Yeah, I finally figured out that it was only available to mortal characters. Huzzah for the F&Q!

Seriously though, the book's layout could be a leetle better. Price you pay for greatness, I guess.

Frothy Rantings!
Megapope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 06:16 AM   #5
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Believe me, the best thing I can say about the layout is that it's "quaint" and I am wondering what the original editors were smoking.

It's a known bug. Mayhap at some point I will be able to fix it, after the current printing sells out... (GURPS In Nomine has some of my ideas for layout changes in it.)
Old 01-20-2005, 10:49 AM   #6
milliken

Maybe it should become an e23 product, and be hyperlinked... that could make it even easier to navigate.

---Walter
milliken is offline   Reply With Quote