Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 02-12-2013, 07:48 AM   #1
Bisform

Default Combining Base sets

Hello everyone, I have been playing munchkins for a few months now and I enjoy it a lot. I am new to combining Munchkin sets. I currently have the original game and just bought Munchkin Bites yesterday. I know I can combine them but do I just shuffle all the card together or is it better to just take half of the original game and half of bites in order to keep the deck size the same? Also since they are two base sets, is it necessary to get Cheat with both hands to make it flow?
Bisform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:43 AM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Combining Base sets

The intent is to just shuffle them together, Doors with Doors, Treasures with Treasures, obviously. You can come up with your own way, and there are some other suggestions, but I won't list the alternatives at this point, as I'm sure someone will have their favorite method to suggest.

Cheat With Both Hands is not required, but it can sometimes help. I'd been blending for years before such a product existed, so it's perfectly manageable without.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #3
Bisform

Thanks, I will first give it a go without Cheat With Both Hands and see how I like it.
Bisform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:07 PM   #4
Enzzo

I like blending Apocalypse with Zombies. :) Soon we're planning to try Apocalypse/Zombies/Booty/CWBH. Should be fun :)
Enzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:29 PM   #5
DoomedDuck

I blended Conan w/ the Christmas boosters and Demented Dungeons. It got ridiculous (good way) very quickly. Santa monsters + Dungeon of Ubiquitous Undead + Dungeon of Militant Monsters= No levels or treasures and lots of running away.
DoomedDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:58 AM   #6
nikosst

Hi there!

I play with my friends munchkin for a couple of months now and we really enjoy it!!!

We mix the origin munchkin and the star munchkin (only the core sets) but it seems that there are many low level monsters and it is easy for the high level munchkins to win the game.We think of buying the "cheat with both hands" for a better mixing and for a better gameplay. Is it good to go for it? Can anyone recommend something better/else?

Thanks in advance!
Nikos
nikosst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:57 AM   #7
jvacca1

Cwbh is specifically designed for set combination. And when its earliest form was released, Blender. Those were two of the only 3 base sets out.
jvacca1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:43 PM   #8
PercussionLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzzo View Post
I like blending Apocalypse with Zombies. :) Soon we're planning to try Apocalypse/Zombies/Booty/CWBH. Should be fun :)
You guys using any particular house rules to do the blend of Apoc and Zomb? I was thinking Zombies can only help zombies and Humans can only help humans but everyone can help any monster they want. How's the game played out so far?
Rule #1: Cardio

Munchkin 1-8
Monster Enhancers, Reloaded!, and Game Changer
Munchkin Zombies 1,2, & 3
Munchkin Apocalypse
Munchkin Quest 1,2, and Portal Combat
PercussionLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:03 PM   #9
MunchkinMan

Any house rule discussion really belongs in the house rules sticky thread.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:47 PM   #10
Gray Detrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PercussionLife View Post
...I was thinking Zombies can only help zombies and Humans can only help humans but everyone can help any monster they want. How's the game played out so far?
Who says Zombies and Humans can't get along? :) Reference Shaun of the Dead's Shaun and Ed at the end, and the recent Warm Bodies (which I really liked)...
Gray Detrick is offline   Reply With Quote