Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 05-06-2012, 06:35 PM   #1
Ed the Coastie

Default Mars in Gamma World

I've been doing some tinkering with my old Gamma World campaign with an eye to maybe running it again sometime. Knowing my current crop of players and their penchant for following an arc just long enough to take off at an odd tangent, I decided that I might want to put some thought into what is going on in space.

The moon is covered nicely enough for my purposes by the write-up in the new version of Legion of Gold, and I like my "Cloud Cities of Venus" too much to abandon that idea. But I ran into a snag when I began thinking about Mars.

I don't just want to file the serial numbers off of GURPS Terradyne or Transhuman Space. What I am looking for is more along the lines of Barsoom...but I am really having difficulty finding a suitable justification for it to be that way. So I was wondering if anyone has done Mars with the Gamma World treatment; my Google-Fu is not particularly strong right now.

Ideas?????

Thanks.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:45 AM   #2
dcarson

Default Re: Mars in Gamma World

In Menace Under Marswood by Sterling E. Lanier Mars is terraformed by launching many many probes with increasing levels of organisms. China is not part of the project and spoils it by launching nasty organisms. Terraformed Mars is thus covered mainly by dense woods and brush with all kinds of nasties. Divided into settled areas which have to constantly fight the wilderness and tribes of people that have learned to live and use the local environment and consider Mars theirs.

Something like that would fit in Gamma World I think.
dcarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:48 AM   #3
Ed the Coastie

Default Re: Mars in Gamma World

I know that Polyhedron Magazine had an article on Gamma Mars. Unfortunately, it turns out that it was in Issue #26...which, although I know I have it somewhere, is one of the items presently missing from my archives. *growls in frustration*

I'll take a look at Menace under Marswood...perhaps I can crib some useful material from it. Thanks.