Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-27-2018, 11:38 AM   #321
mook

Default Re: Game Geekery - GURPS Content Posts

Howdy, Folks!

Just a quick note to let you know I have updated the spreadsheet version of Imion's lovely templates list, detailing every official GURPS Occupational Template, Occupational Lens, and Racial Template (along with the book they appear in, page number, and Character Point cost).

This way you can reformat, sort and filter, add your own, whatever you like.

Enjoy! (And please let me know if you see any errors.)
mook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 11:15 AM   #322
mook

The on-going cyberpunk tale of Aegis, Dr. Discord, Hex, and Jam continues! We played our fourth adventure this past weekend, and the video is now up on YouTube for perusal.

Comments and suggestions welcome! I hope you're enjoying following the game as much as I'm enjoying GMing it.
Old 12-28-2018, 01:08 PM   #323
mook

Howdy, Folks!

I have posted the traditional "end of year" look back at the state of the Game Geekery blog, popular posts, games I've been GMing, and plans for 2019 (including some news about adding Fate Core to my rotation after blissful decades of GURPS monogamy).

With the drama and pitfalls of 2018 finally in the rear-view, here's hoping 2019 will be jammed to the gills with gaming goodness and scads of time to write and play!
Old 01-24-2019, 12:58 PM   #324
mook

Howdy, Folks!

Taking a little break today from mechanics and rules to share another of my favorite gaming memories, this one about a wondrous DM and the D&D campaign that cemented my lifelong obsession with RPGs forever. It isn't specifically GURPS, but is certainly a cornerstone of my gaming foundation.

I hope you enjoy the tale, and hope even more that it rekindles some fond memories of games and players from your own glory days!
Old 03-07-2019, 01:25 PM   #325
mook

Here are four PCs of the Mobile Infantry (and a Neodog NPC) for an upcoming convention one-shot in May. None of the other stuff (like the actual adventure notes) is set to virtual paper yet, but I thought a peek at the pre-gens might be fun.

"Would you like to know more?"
Old 03-16-2019, 02:08 PM   #326
mook

Two New Character Sheets for GURPS

I'm happy to share today a couple of very basic, very streamlined character sheets I've put together for an upcoming GURPS game. They're available as form-fillable PDFs if you'd rather type than fill them out manually.

The sheets don't require any rules changes, but they do present some of the information to players in a different way (or choose not to present it at all). My intent was to create character sheets that have just enough info for the players to enjoy themselves while reserving the more mundane details for the GM.

I hope you enjoy! Let me know what you think.
Old 03-16-2019, 08:27 PM   #327
GM Joe

Nice work!
Old 03-23-2019, 10:51 AM   #328
mook

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Joe View Post
Nice work!
Thanks, GM Joe! I'm looking forward to using those sheets for my next one-shot.
Old 03-23-2019, 11:10 AM   #329
mook

Courtesy of late night (early morning!) sleep deprivation and an inspiring blog post I read in my travels, I'm here to tell the tale of a game I once GMed that opened my eyes just a bit wider to the fact that... I may not always be quite as welcoming to new players as I wish I were.

But we can't work to correct problems we're not aware of, so please, come and share in my awkward moment of chagrin :)
Old 04-25-2019, 10:19 AM   #330
mook

Think I've pared GURPS down as simple as I could get it in the past? Challenge accepted!

To GM some kids and their folks through their first-ever RPG, I've streamlined way, WAY down (Who needs damage types? Encumbrance, I mock you!), and also made use of the simplest character sheets I've made yet.

The adventure I'm using isn't quite ready for posting, but the five pre-gen characters (fantasy) are ready for your adulation and scorn: Unarmed Fighter, Ranger, Swashbuckler, Warrior, and Wizard.

Enjoy, and let me know what you think of using GURPS at its barest of bones!

Tags
blog, blogs