Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-30-2016, 05:23 AM   #31
Jasonft

Default Re: Reign of Steel / Supers Game

Especially if the person with one has the other.

My current favorite I play is a skill-monger super agent type with Luck as high as allowed. He also has Oracle and Oracle (Digital) and can fake Danger Sense via Modular. It's darn near impossible to sneak up on him when he is in his Battle Armor (courtesy of the Gadgeteer)... and he's happy (mild Paranoia) with that.

He would fit in so well in that setting it's rather scary.
Jasonft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 01:41 PM   #32
fchase8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post
My brother just create a crazy awesome telepath in my Aeon campaign that has a ton of powers and spent less than 300 points. And as others have noted, being able to read minds is just the tip of the iceberg for telepaths.
Telepaths can be built with lower point totals. I remember that Supers had to deal with telepaths able to mind control higher-point supers.

But telepaths just wouldn't be as powerful in Reign of Steel. ESP would be better for sensing, and cyber-telepathy for fighting robots.
fchase8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 02:57 PM   #33
Christopher R. Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fchase8 View Post
Telepaths can be built with lower point totals. I remember that Supers had to deal with telepaths able to mind control higher-point supers.

But telepaths just wouldn't be as powerful in Reign of Steel. ESP would be better for sensing, and cyber-telepathy for fighting robots.
I'll agree with you for the most part, but as others have note telepaths can still be useful to communicate with others. If they have something like Borrow Skill + the Deep Study perk they can become highly talented in a short period of time.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reign of steel, supers